Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rear x-brace

rx-runner

Reaction score
i was wondering if its ok to drive without the rear x-brace for while. i want to get it powder coated red. so i was just wondering if its ok to drive with it.

Tapp

Reaction score
you'll be fine,, im about to do the same thing!!!:top:

mspeasl

Reaction score
I took mine out so I could put in a class III hitch. Haven't had a problem since I did it last fall.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
i want to get it powder coated red. so i was just wondering if its ok to drive with it.

Not a bad idea... be sure to post up some pics before you put them on and after once they have been coated and look all sexy. Also have you got any price quotes on how much it is to do it?

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Not a bad idea... be sure to post up some pics before you put them on and after once they have been coated and look all sexy. Also have you got any price quotes on how much it is to do it?
One of the Hawaii guys with a SWB did his red it looks really good. If I have some cash flow I might do it to.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
AsianTaco..... that little asian kid is freakin me the hell out... i dont know what it is but little scary asian kids are scarier than any other little kid.... i cant even look at it anymore..AHHHH

mspeasl

Reaction score
Kinda takes away form the handling...no??:dontknow:

No... I can't feel any difference in tight corners. The class III seems to have added back the same stiffness that the OEM bar had.:top:

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
You dont want to paint it instead of gettin' powder coated.....

rx-runner

Reaction score
i found a guy here in my neighborhood who will do it cheap. he wanted to charge me $50 per tire. i dont want to get it painted cuz it would chip especially down there.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
i found a guy here in my neighborhood who will do it cheap. he wanted to charge me $50 per tire. i dont want to get it painted cuz it would chip especially down there.

Yea I guess that's a downside.... But the rear of the brace doesn't get chipped up, and that's the only side people see on the road

wshsbears

Reaction score
one of these days i'll pull mine off and paint it. it'll be off for about a week so the paint can cure completely and i'll be putting 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear to make it so that it shines forever

Top Bottom