Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rear x-brace

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Pretty much all of us Hawaii guy's have done it. We did it about a year ago. Ha! Ha! Some have red, some have yellow, and even pink. Ha! ha! It looks good though. If you wanna go the route of powder coating, go for it, but really it's not necessary. It doesn't really chip.

And for the guy's clear coating it, unless you are gonna clean it every single time you wash your truck, don't bother. It get's hella dirty and the clear won't make any difference.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Pretty much all of us Hawaii guy's have done it. We did it about a year ago. Ha! Ha! Some have red, some have yellow, and even pink. Ha! ha! It looks good though. If you wanna go the route of powder coating, go for it, but really it's not necessary. It doesn't really chip.

And for the guy's clear coating it, unless you are gonna clean it every single time you wash your truck, don't bother. It get's hella dirty and the clear won't make any difference.
i yet still have to do mine lol i wanna make mine white :top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
i yet still have to do mine lol i wanna make mine white :top:

That might look cool. Gonna have to clean that thing all the time though. Ha! Ha!

We just stuck with TRD colors, Red, and yellow (yes, Yellow is a TRD color). Oh, except the pink. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Tapp

Reaction score
Are you getting it done locally, or sending it out?

locally, DJ Mckay told me about it.. its on Va Beach BLVD.!! ill let you know when i do it.. MY68UR8TRD is doing too!

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
If I ever get the other chips painted I will have my brace done then. I hate paint chips!

rx-runner

Reaction score
im going to take mine in today, ill take it off around 3:30 pm and ill take some pics, and then ill take it to get powder coated, so hopefully it will be done by tomorrow

rx-runner

Reaction score
i finally dropped it off, the brace will be ready tomorrow. i went to 2 different places, one wanted to charge me 175 and i said **** no, so i found this other place they are charging me 60$.

woot woot i just saved 115$.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Pardon the slow guy :wavey: ... does it matter whether the truck is jacked up or not when removing/installing the x-brace? (Assuming you can otherwise fit underneath)

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
That wouldn't look good at all. Would be to flashy. But that black chrome I think would look kind of cool though depending on how shiny it is.

that chrome would definitely blend in with my chrome tips...you wouldn't be able to see them rear xbrace...

05 X

Reaction score
locally, DJ Mckay told me about it.. its on Va Beach BLVD.!! ill let you know when i do it.. MY68UR8TRD is doing too!

Do you know how much they want? Maybe less if 4 or more of us get it done? I wanted to possibly get mine dropped off while the ship is out this upcoming time.

Top Bottom