Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recessed MX Grill

i_ski

Reaction score
That sure looks good I think you might find there will be a few people "borrowing" that idea, I might even be one of them but I think I'll colour match the lip.

joman

Reaction score
damn! thats nice!!!!! i love it..now can you do mine? heehhe:top:

05runner

Reaction score
My question with it being recessed like that. If you have the URD style intake would it work. If so i think im gonna try that. Oh and yours look sweet.:top:

Vince77

Reaction score
damn! thats nice!!!!! i love it..now can you do mine? heehhe:top:

If you want to drive up here:biggrin:

My question with it being recessed like that. If you have the URD style intake would it work. If so i think im gonna try that. Oh and yours look sweet.:top:

I think it would work with the urd. It doesn't really set back any further than the stock grill. I'll take a look and maybe a pic later.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
damn son, that would have been handy to see two weeks ago when i put mine in, damnit :laugh:

looks good bro!:rockon:

preXrunner

Reaction score
that looks so NICE! i might consider this too.. has anybody found out if it'd work with the URD intake?

quiksheit

Reaction score
awesome. saw some dude on TN do that to his silver taco. he used some stucco matting or something like that. he just picked it up from home depot. i think the hard part was figuring a way to mount it.

:top:for being different

Vince77

Reaction score
Theres about 5.25" between the radiator and grill, not sure how wide the URD filter is. You can always trim a inch or so of the lip from the inside to give the clearance you need.
Hard to tell from the pic, but here it is...
IMG_0306.jpg

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Dang that looks hella sick! Nicely done. :top:

05runner

Reaction score
I went to home depot today to look for some of that screen material and they didnt have any. They Had some made of plastic but not metal. Is there a specific name for that material:dontknow:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
thats a grillcraft mx series grill. but the stuff at home depot is called gutter guard if i remember right

Vince77

Reaction score
I went to home depot today to look for some of that screen material and they didnt have any. They Had some made of plastic but not metal. Is there a specific name for that material:dontknow:

The grill mesh is the grillcraft mx grill. I've tried to find the same stuff all over the place couldn't find it. I believe you can just buy the metal mesh from grillcraft, alot cheaper than the finished grill.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I wonder how that would look on a bsp.....:hmmmm2:......:rock: Nice work Kev.

Rickenfan

Reaction score
Very nicely done! Your truck looks much more aggressive! If you could make a write up for what you have done! Mad props to you! If a carbon fiber piece was there instead that would look tight! :top: -Rickenfan.

Vince77

Reaction score
Very nicely done! Your truck looks much more aggressive! If you could make a write up for what you have done! Mad props to you! If a carbon fiber piece was there instead that would look tight! :top: -Rickenfan.

I can go a little more into detail about how I did it. :top:
I'm goin to pull it off tomarrow and finish it. I'll take some more pics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom