Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RedLantern's turbo build....

Redlantern

Reaction score
Yea. I already started a new list for engine/trans build. Trying to quote a shop to do my block (order and put together)so I'm covered if they make a mistake they can warranty it.

Doublld

Reaction score
Yea. I already started a new list for engine/trans build. Trying to quote a shop to do my block (order and put together)so I'm covered if they make a mistake they can warranty it.

Usually if it's a high performance engine there still is no warranty.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

Do u still need parts to build the engine.

Doublld

Reaction score
Good to know. I still gotta call them to check pricing. I have a deal I'm working on tho for next project.

I will let u know. What do you still have? It depends if the deal goes through with this g35 I'm looking at.

Send it to me I'll build it for you also I'm 45 min away from darton east so I can have them do the machine work and I assemble it

Redlantern

Reaction score
I'd love to do that!..... Lol. Although It might be cheaper for me for u to find me a block there and get it built. Pacific Ocean + shipping motor = no bueno. It'll cost me an arm n leg.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Good to know. I still gotta call them to check pricing. I have a deal I'm working on tho for next project.

I will let u know. What do you still have? It depends if the deal goes through with this g35 I'm looking at.

Well Lmk I still have available to me my old stuff molnar rods from dezod, I also have my old engine...all it needs is a headgasket... If u want someone to build it there's the shop down here in Miami that built the twin turbo Xrunner.

Doublld

Reaction score
I'd love to do that!..... Lol. Although It might be cheaper for me for u to find me a block there and get it built. Pacific Ocean + shipping motor = no bueno. It'll cost me an arm n leg.

That's a option right there

Redlantern

Reaction score
thanks guys. I will let u know what i decide when i get back from my vacation.

In other news...Its just a matter of HOURS till i meet with the tuner...I will try to get a video and dyno graph by tonight if not tomorrow

Doublld

Reaction score
thanks guys. I will let u know what i decide when i get back from my vacation.

In other news...Its just a matter of HOURS till i meet with the tuner...I will try to get a video and dyno graph by tonight if not tomorrow

Sweet can't wait to see

Redlantern

Reaction score
Had lots of gremlins pop up today. The base map provided was way off so it pretty much had to be rebuilt from scratch just to get it running at idle. Took a lot of time. Just to deal with that for the tuner. Then we found a leak on the intake manifold which caused the idle not to drop to the right RPMs. You could hear it in this video as he's working on the basemap for it.

http://youtu.be/LtvDaMU9JAU

After letting it cool off, disconnected the intake manifold. Gasket was fine but noticed the brackets were off before we pulled it off. The intake manifold wasn't sitting right. But fixed that. It was getting super late (1230am) and he still had to remap it in gear. So I drove around as he started to do his work. Things started to progress. Only problem was that it was getting late and it would die out at dead stop while in gear. If we're in neutral or park it idles fine. So it's tuned enough to drive around for now but will have to put it in neutral so I won't die out lol.

If I'm not making sense it's cause it's early in the morning n just got home , I'm cranky and hungry.

Heck it's not completely tuned but it's progress. I'm pretty happy although it's slowly getting there. Stay tuned for updates in the future.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Nice update. Get some sleep....

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So am I! :laugh:

Not to much longer now. DoubllD had some transmission issues. Emailed back and forth with Dezod, and they got it squared away. Just an option for you. :top:

Doublld

Reaction score

Not to much longer now. DoubllD had some transmission issues. Emailed back and forth with Dezod, and they got it squared away. Just an option for you. :top:

Is his automatic?

Redlantern

Reaction score

Lol. It might be. Probably not till i get back from vacation. Gonna see if I can leave my truck with him if anything. Might not be able to tho since it's not really his shop.

Is his automatic?

Yes. I am auto

Last edited:
Top Bottom