Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Redline goods?

LouisianaXR

Reaction score
Anyone purchase from this site? Looking to get few items as
Door inserts and console cover
Anyone satisfied with there's?

Coupe

Reaction score
I bought the door handle wraps.

I bought a few items for my wife's Z06.

I have been happy with the products.

xrgilly

Reaction score
Great products stuff like shifter boots if u contact them they can make it any way u want

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I have their center console lid cover. It was a pain to install but I like it

LouisianaXR

Reaction score
thank you guys for your opinion looking to get few items from there!

Coupe

Reaction score
I'm talking to them now about doing my steering wheel ....
I covered my steering wheel with a wheel skins cover.

Pretty easy and you do not have to remove the wheel.

You can get them in a boat load of colors.

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
I covered my steering wheel with a wheel skins cover.

Pretty easy and you do not have to remove the wheel.

You can get them in a boat load of colors.

where'd you pick up that cup holder cover? Steering wheel looks awesome btw.

Coupe

Reaction score
The cup holder is stock, if you buy a replacement. They are just a flat black.

BoomerZoomer

Reaction score
I just installed one of Redline Goods padded steering wheel wraps. They did a great job installing the pad and the leather wrap. This was the first for 2005-2011 Tacoma; so they worked with me to design the properly fitting leather wrap and padding. They bought a donor wheel; so I didn't have to send them mine, had the padding and leather wrap installed, and shipped it to me ready to mount in my X-Runner. Awesome improvement. Their website may not show all of the Tacoma kits available; so here is the address for the 2005-2013: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Tacoma05shiftboot.php Be sure to check for proper fit if you are ordering for a 2012-2013, because I thought that they were different than the 2005-2011.

I'm posting before and after pics. I really like the padded extra diameter and the leather's better grip.

Stock Wheel.jpg

Redline Wheel.jpg

Doublld

Reaction score
Love it so glad someone finally did it now I can buy it

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Love it so glad someone finally did it now I can buy it

Make sure you have that style wheel before you buy it. That wrapped wheel isn't the same as the wheel that comes with the xrunner. It looks like a base model wheel

Doublld

Reaction score
Im confused? What do you mean base model? It has all the same steering wheel controls as mine and everything. The thumb pieces are added on as a option from redline just a fyi and I have a 4x4

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Im confused? What do you mean base model? It has all the same steering wheel controls as mine and everything. The thumb pieces are added on as a option from redline just a fyi and I have a 4x4

Oh ok cool. I didn't know that was an option

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I just installed one of Redline Goods padded steering wheel wraps. They did a great job installing the pad and the leather wrap. This was the first for 2005-2011 Tacoma; so they worked with me to design the properly fitting leather wrap and padding. They bought a donor wheel; so I didn't have to send them mine, had the padding and leather wrap installed, and shipped it to me ready to mount in my X-Runner. Awesome improvement. Their website may not show all of the Tacoma kits available; so here is the address for the 2005-2013: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Tacoma05shiftboot.php Be sure to check for proper fit if you are ordering for a 2012-2013, because I thought that they were different than the 2005-2011.

I'm posting before and after pics. I really like the padded extra diameter and the leather's better grip.

View attachment 19290

View attachment 19291

I like the leather but now the wheel looks bloated lol.... I'm considering getting all the accessory pieces though and having the wheel done , minus the padding ..

BoomerZoomer

Reaction score
Redline Goods steering wheel kit padding and thumb rest options.

Redline Grip.jpg Folks have commented that the padded Redline Goods steering wheel kit is too fat, but for me, it is perfect. My fingers wrap around so only my middle finger touches my palm. The stock wheel felt way to skinny.

Redline Thumbrest.jpg As for the thumb rest option, it does add big bumps in the wheel; so you may not want to pay for this option. I am used to steering wheels with thumb rests; so I added them to my order. I don't put my thumbs on the bumps. The bumps serve to lock my hands in the correct hand positions on the wheel. The combination of thicker wheel padding, and thumb rests lets me relax my grip on the wheel a little bit without losing a secure grip on the wheel. This is more important when the steering is a lot quicker than the steering on a Tacoma truck. With faster steering you can steer around most corners without going hand-over-hand on the wheel. With the Tacoma, you have to let go of the wheel to make sharper turns; so the benefit is minimal. Still, on long drives, I enjoy the more relaxed grip.

Top Bottom