Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Redline shift beeper anyone?

JeffSnAusTX

Reaction score
Anyone ever use one?

Being an electronics nut I'll be picking one of these up...

http://www.modifry.com/products/rlb/index.htm

3 stage indicator, programmable. I've got one in my S2000 and LOVE it :top:

new%20module_sm.jpg

I'll give a full update once I've got it installed :driver:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
lol, this makes me think the top gear review on the lexus is-f. "Bloody freakin beepin!!!!"

i dont know if i could get used to it. i love my shiftlight though.

pacos xr

Reaction score
where is a good site to get a shift lite n place to mount it?

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
if you get the gauge pod thats out, you can buy an auto meter like klint and david have with a built in tach and shiftlight.

i myself have a harlan engineering one. cheap, and simple. but great quality and i am very pleased with it. also there is the raptor performance shiftlight, which is similar to mine, but more expensive.

rich017

Reaction score
do the shift lights only come on when you hit the redline??

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
you can set the shift light to any rpm you want.

as with that beeper also, so it looks. with the dip switches.

JeffSnAusTX

Reaction score
come on now do you really need that.

Need? Like any mod on the 4 vehicles in my garages, absolutely not!!! :biggrin:

this is the is-f video i was talkin about

I've seen a couple IS-F vids, looks like a great one from Lexus! The audible indicator I have isn't the least bit annoying. It only sounds off near redline, otherwise you'd never know it's there. My philosophy (learned early on @ the track) is "eyes on the road". Anything that tells me what's happening w/o having to look at a gauge/indicator/etc = good :top:

JeffSnAusTX

Reaction score
4 vehicles?

1. S2000
2. XRunner
3. 99 Honda VFR800
4. 91 Four Winns Freedom 195

Just curious...

No sweat :top: I didn't specify what type :tongue: I've been riding motorcyles since my late teens. Owned a dozen or so, a few track-only. I'm 36 now and lost interest in tracking a moto, built a new home, etc. The VFR is the only new moto I've ever owned - still a cherry, easy for an old fart like me to ride (doesn't happen often anymore). I bought the boat from a friend when I lived in Chicago. Towed (God that sucked) it down here 6 years ago. It's in awesome shape, and spends some time on local area lakes (Travis, Austin, etc).

I'm really happy with the X and have always wanted a TRD supercharged Tacoma or Tundra. Finally! This forum is a great resource and I'll do my best to contribute :top: Hell maybe I'll host an X weekend here in Austin.

Cheers! :beer:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I'll keep thinking its my radar detector, phone,bluetooth, now a shift buzzer. I'd throw it out the window after the first day.

Top Bottom