Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reflash dealership issues!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sdxrunner is the man. :adore:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Sdxrunner is the man. :adore:

not to fast...i'm replying from this at home...i completely ****ing forgot....:ahhhhh:Ill remember tomorrow morning, maybe try it before work...:argh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wastes my typing skills....FAIL. J/K

triumphx

Reaction score
No worries bud, I just want to see if our cal Id's match before Toyota calls me back

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
No worries bud, I just want to see if our cal Id's match before Toyota calls me back

They don't. My Cal id is the reflash id. The one I posted earlier. 3ygxxxxx...on my phone, I can't find that

05-08 trd reflashed trucks will all have the same reflash id. I wonder what they reflashed on your truck, maybe it was the 90l. I need you to get in your truck, getting going over 30mph, then hit the gas and brake at the same time.

Your truck should just shut off. That will confirm that all they did was the 90l.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
If you guys have the same Cal ID, how is doing that test going to confirm anything other than they did the 90l? It's not going to confirm the re-flash either way (or any more than your match cal ID would).

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
If you guys have the same Cal ID, how is doing that test going to confirm anything other than they did the 90l? It's not going to confirm the re-flash either way (or any more than your match cal ID would).

We don't have the same id....im just curious as too what was reflashed.....

Calibration is, according to techstream, 3ywg1800

^that is my calibration id.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha :top:, in a post of his a couple back he said you guys had the same ID.

Has there been a new install guide issued? Would be terribly frustrated if my instructions told be what ID I needed and it was not longer available.....

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Has there been a new install guide issued? Would be terribly frustrated if my instructions told be what ID I needed and it was not longer available.....

The one I was reading was from February 2012. :top:

triumphx

Reaction score
They don't. My Cal id is the reflash id. The one I posted earlier. 3ygxxxxx...on my phone, I can't find that

05-08 trd reflashed trucks will all have the same reflash id. I wonder what they reflashed on your truck, maybe it was the 90l. I need you to get in your truck, getting going over 30mph, then hit the gas and brake at the same time.

Your truck should just shut off. That will confirm that all they did was the 90l.

That makes sense now, that's why I'm running rich, my ltft is roughly -20 to -30. I bet they did the 90l and not the trd reflash. However if they didn't do the trd reflash then there would be updates available for it and they are stating there is not.

Yes I was confused when Kevin posted my cal Id and thought he was saying that's what was on his truck. Also the trd instruction manual cal id matched the cal id that is in Toyotas tech stream system so the cal id has not changed

So if there's anyone that's had the 90l done and not s/c I would put money on it that the cal id's match. Has anyone had the 90l done and not supercharged?

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Not me....I told them "Don't you dare"

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
That makes sense now, that's why I'm running rich, my ltft is roughly -20 to -30. I bet they did the 90l and not the trd reflash. However if they didn't do the trd reflash then there would be updates available for it and they are stating there is not.

Yes I was confused when Kevin posted my cal Id and thought he was saying that's what was on his truck. Also the trd instruction manual cal id matched the cal id that is in Toyotas tech stream system so the cal id has not changed

So if there's anyone that's had the 90l done and not s/c I would put money on it that the cal id's match. Has anyone had the 90l done and not supercharged?

Does t matter what they claim they did. If Your Cal id isn't what mine is, then it wasn't done. Period.

triumphx

Reaction score
That's right, I guess I need them to get me a new ecu With the correct trd reflash done correctly

triumphx

Reaction score
That they did, I'm done dealing with Toyota. The customer relations manager won't answer her phone, call me back...nothing. I have been without my truck for several weeks. I want a new ecu and icon here I come....dammit more dough for more mods

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right, I guess I need them to get me a new ecu With the correct trd reflash done correctly

That shouldn't be the case. If all they did was the 90l you should be able to get the other flash done over the top. For the last few years I've been hearing the 90l is required before the SC reflash (so they must have discontinued the previous version of the SC flash (before the 90l was even available). However if they threw some random other flash in there then that's another story.

triumphx

Reaction score
It just doesn't add up, the technician is saying my cal id is the stock id with the 90l flash and that obviously the s/c is not compatible with my truck or it would allow them to do the reflash and that there is no updates available :stupid:Meanwhile the service manager has said the s/c reflash was done properly and I did something wrong on the install :stupid:At that point I walked out and haven't spoke With them since. I have been dealing with customer care, I'm just frustrated as hell...the reason I sold the turbo and went trd s/c was the simplicity of it...and well this has been far from simple to say the least

Oh and the only thing I can think of is that they did put in a random reflash. I'm not sure but I doubt with no reflash I would have 11.3 a/f ratio in 4th gear at wot.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Check everything over.....try to come to a resolution on the other codes other than the rich codes. Maybe you'll get lucky and the combination of the other codes problems are causing your rich condition.....But if it were me I'd be looking for yet another dealership, and one that has done some S/C installs in the recent past. I can't think of anyone who's had this much trouble with just a $60 reflash.....

triumphx

Reaction score
Well today I confirmed there is some sort of reflash on my ecu, just not the right one. I removed the s/c due to needing my truck next weekend for my bachelor party :crinklehair: and the truck did not like the stock fuel injectors. Threw the trd injectors in and my idle and a/f are correct now. I'm going to do a few more tests but there may be a trd s/c for sale soon :frown: I'll put some miles on it today/tomorrow and see what cel come back or not

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Well took a spin to academy for some ammo and sure enough exact same rich codes as well as catalyst failure.....and this is with no s/c and with trd fuel injectors so I know it doesn't have anything to do with the install of the s/c. My stft is -3 to -4 and ltft is about -30 fully warmed up at idle which matches my fuel trims with the s/c on as well. Hope some of this info helps cause I am about damn warn out with this...

Top Bottom