Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remote Start

ramsey422

Reaction score
hay raversman all you have to do to get the remote start to work is disconnect the clutch start switch (neutral safety switch). it is located behind our clutch pedal, if you watch when you push in your pedal if you look towards the top of the pedal you will see a switch located on your firewall, that when the pedal touches it starts the truck. then just disconnect it. You might want to try it out first too make sure it want through a check engine code (it should not). but if you forget to take it out of gear when you park it, hate it for you cause the truck will go or jump forward

So if i wanted to start the truck without using the cluch, i can remove the neutral safety switch? I never park the truck in gear so im not worried about that, just would be cool to do one less thing when i get into the truck.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
damn ramsey ,I checked your age to be sure,your 37 not 67.maybe you should get an automatic,thats one less thing you got to do,better yet get a limo driver thats one thing less you'll have to do!:laugh:

ramsey422

Reaction score
damn ramsey ,I checked your age to be sure,your 37 not 67.maybe you should get an automatic,thats one less thing you got to do,better yet get a limo driver thats one thing less you'll have to do!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
So if i wanted to start the truck without using the cluch, i can remove the neutral safety switch? I never park the truck in gear so im not worried about that, just would be cool to do one less thing when i get into the truck.

Look behind your dash, on the left hand side, you may just find the plug & play adapter for the neutral safety switch. Buy the switch and install as though you had a 4X4 :top:

My 05 has it pre-wired, can't remember if it's the green connector or the white :hmmmm2:

LunarX

Reaction score
i had AutoPage Remote start in all 3 of my cars which are all manual trans and have never lunged my car into a wall or car. Although i have also learned to keep my car out of gear all the time to prevent this as well.

As a car audio and video installer, i have no problem putting a remote start in a manual trans vehicle but its very impotant to make sure the car is NEVER put in gear.

Another option I do on older folks vehicles (knowing they tend to forget the most to not put it in gear) is to put a hoodpin switch that is depressed while in 1st gear and not while in nuetral. It acts as a relay when wired into the nuetral safety switch. Works really well for those people that forget every now and then.

I got all sorts of nifty ways to avoid the "ghost ride your whip" trick if you would really like to get your car remote started.

And to those whom say he is lazy for getting this, here's some pro's and cons to think about.

Pro: Superchargered and Turbo XR's should always be pre-warmed for enriched life expectancy of the Forced Induction parts and most of the top of the alarms come with built in turbo timers for those Turbo XR's.

Pro: Great for those people that have annoying kids or friends and need to run into the store real quick while the kids/friends sit in the car.

Pro: Great for prople that live in desert like temperatures and would like the truck to become cool.

Con: Expensive to install.

Con: Most shops wont install them into manual trans vehicles

Recommendation: Buy a very respectable name brand engine start alarm.

PS~ i like Autopage alarms because you can program the remote start button to start upon 2 clicks of the button that way there is less risk of the car "starting on accident"

xrunnerdude67

Reaction score
I have remote starton my XR, but I had a buddy of mine do it that works at a shop. I have it cuz it's nice to come out to my truck cooler cuz it's F$CKIN hot in Phoenix! And to whoever said it's one less thing you have to do when you get in, on mine you have to step on the brake pedal with the key to the "on" position before you can go, or else it dies. BTW I have a clifford paging alarm and I love it! But that's cuz I got it plus installed for $300:)

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I have remote starton my XR, but I had a buddy of mine do it that works at a shop. I have it cuz it's nice to come out to my truck cooler cuz it's F$CKIN hot in Phoenix! And to whoever said it's one less thing you have to do when you get in, on mine you have to step on the brake pedal with the key to the "on" position before you can go, or else it dies. BTW I have a clifford paging alarm and I love it! But that's cuz I got it plus installed for $300:)

Where the hell were you when I needed an installer a few months ago? :eviltongue:

Seriously though, have you met any of the other AZ guys? You should update your location in your profile (and on the member map). Check this thread out too... AZ Mini Mod Day - 8/4/07

Last edited:

xrunnerdude67

Reaction score
Sorry man, What did you end up getting installed? I've met Chris at UTI, but that's about it. So far.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I just got my Clifford 50.5x installed last night, it was a pretty long install about 6hours.

we had to convince the car that there was a key in the ignition by using a downloadable bypass that gave the kar the key codes. Then we had to simulate that the clutch was being pressed.

This system is sick! It pages me when anything happens, from the hood being open to a bang on the door.

I dont leave my car in gear, and I am only gonna remote start it if its cold outside.

all in all its a pretty cool setup that I recommend to those that are think about security and remote start.

Dont be stupid tho and leave your car in gear.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Sorry man, What did you end up getting installed? I've met Chris at UTI, but that's about it. So far.

Python 900... and the installer I took it to is a F-in IDIOT. (A-Better Tint & Accessories on Highland & 7th St) He didn't even secure the brain with zip ties, it was just tucked behind the fuse panel, so it eventually got stuck behind my clutch pedal and caused the spring to pop out. I didn't take it back cuz the guy's a dumbass and I didn't want him to touch my truck again, but the good thing that came out of it was I got to do the clutch pedal mod :dontknow:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I just got my Clifford 50.5x installed last night, it was a pretty long install about 6hours.

we had to convince the car that there was a key in the ignition by using a downloadable bypass that gave the kar the key codes. Then we had to simulate that the clutch was being pressed.

This system is sick! It pages me when anything happens, from the hood being open to a bang on the door.

I dont leave my car in gear, and I am only gonna remote start it if its cold outside.

all in all its a pretty cool setup that I recommend to those that are think about security and remote start.

Dont be stupid tho and leave your car in gear.

I think the 50.5 is the equiv to my Viper 5900.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
My beater ( 87 camry) is a 5 speed with remote start (10 dollar pile of alarm equipment off ebay - had enough for remote start, alarm, and keyless)

We were running the Baja out on the test track in Smithfield VA, ( Slades) and the camry was parked in the field. I had the keys in my pocket and when I landed the double it must have hit the button. the next lap I look over and my beater was driving across the field.

It was actually kind of humorous at the time, but this is the reason its not on the X.

I let buddy take the car to get food and he parked it in gear ( I never do)

Always a good story to tell.

Justin

Alexrunner

Reaction score
hahaha thats funny stuff! did you turn it off before it hit anyone?

Top Bottom