Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing bump stop brackets

Bigdawg

Reaction score
OK guys, I installed the C2C lowering kit. I have some bottoming out issues. I have removed my bump stops and now want to remove the bump stop brackets.
If I install the low profile bump stops do I have to drill a new mounting hole or is there an existing hole I can use or do I mount the bump stop in a different location?

Jonathan

Reaction score
gonna have to drill a hole for the bumps stops IIRC.......or, just rivet a thin sheet of rubber to the frame.

XRobber

Reaction score
OK guys, I installed the C2C lowering kit. I have some bottoming out issues. I have removed my bump stops and now want to remove the bump stop brackets.
If I install the low profile bump stops do I have to drill a new mounting hole or is there an existing hole I can use or do I mount the bump stop in a different location?
What size blocks are you running? If 2", what do you do that is making you bottom out so much without bump stops? Bad roads? Carrying Loads?

rexrunner

Reaction score
Im running the c2c up front and 2 inchers in the back and I never bottom out? :hmmmm2: . Could be that I only have about 400 miles on the kit and baby my truck but ive hit some hard bumps by accident with no problems

Jonathan

Reaction score
mine bottoms out like crazy on 2" so did my last truck. even body roll in a corner will do it for me with no load.

RedX

Reaction score
Same here. 2" blocks in the back, I bottom out.

Natas

Reaction score
I hardly ever bottom out and I have 2" blocks installed. I did cut down the stock bump stop to about 1/2" tall though.

RedX

Reaction score
what did you use?
I heard their is metal half way through them, is that true?

heloboby7

Reaction score
I bottom out bad just going ovver speed bumps at 15mph. Ive towed some pretty big loads though with the biggest being about 6000lbs so maybe my springs are worn out.

Jonathan

Reaction score
what did you use?
I heard their is metal half way through them, is that true?

flip the bump stop over, and you can see the cup that the rubber is attatched to goes into the stop.

Top Bottom