Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing Rear Bump Stop Brackets

Grumpy

Reaction score
I just recently installed my drop and with the roads in Louisiana I bottom out ALOT...in front and the rear. I have my qa1s set on 6 and I don't wanna go any higher cuz it's stiff enough already. I have the low pro bump stops from streetacos and they help take a little of the shock out of it but damn the ride sucks big balls. And I am constantly getting out at lights or stop signs to close my fuel door. I love the way it makes my truck look but unfortunately in the near future I may be taking my drop off and going back to stock.

Open the fuel door, either squeeze the tabs together with your finger or pair of plier. This put more tension on it and keep 'em from swingin' open.:top:

AsianTaco

Reaction score
I just recently installed my drop and with the roads in Louisiana I bottom out ALOT...in front and the rear. I have my qa1s set on 6 and I don't wanna go any higher cuz it's stiff enough already. I have the low pro bump stops from streetacos and they help take a little of the shock out of it but damn the ride sucks big balls. And I am constantly getting out at lights or stop signs to close my fuel door. I love the way it makes my truck look but unfortunately in the near future I may be taking my drop off and going back to stock.
Mines are set on 7. I flew over some railroad tracks the other day NOT FastAndFurious Supra style or anything but faster than the usual I would and it was fine. I can't complain about anything with the drop really.

Murderface

Reaction score
Since ur using 2 1/4" blocks in the back u should really consider taking off the rear bump stop brackets and putting the lo pro bumpstops right on the frame. The extra clearance u gain from this will really help u from bottoming out and allow u to lower the setting on the shocks. If ur not satisfied with the ride afterwards I would switch to 2" blocks, that's what I'm running now with the bumpstops on the frame and I can set my shocks on 4 and NEVER bottom out even with 4 passengers.

STONER-X

Reaction score
older thread but this looks like a good idea.... im gonna see if i can fit this in this weekend

STONER-X

Reaction score
do yall think that from a performance stand point this mod can increase body roll???

Vince77

Reaction score
^^ the bumb stops don't have nothing to do with body roll. Unless you're bottomed out as your turning. Wouldn't make any difference.

I did the same thing. I've had no bracket or bump stops (On stock shocks) for close to a year now. And I never bottom out. And I've hit some really hard bumps.
I plan on making some low pro bump stops one of these days, but I'm not worried about it after having nothing for so long.
Anyone tired of bottoming out, this is the cure. :top:
I also intalled the airlift helper springs, which is a great idea if you ever haul anything. I only have them set at a couple PSI until I actually have a load.

Grumpy

Reaction score
I do slow down for bumps & dips, even at 10 clicks on version 1 of QA1, I still bottom out on road irregularities that you would consider not too bad. :thumbdown:

Cut out the brackets today but didn't have enough time to remount the low-pro bump stop on the frame. 120 miles + later, no bottoming out yet. Gonna dial out a few clicks tomorrow and more road test.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I do slow down for bumps & dips, even at 10 clicks on version 1 of QA1, I still bottom out on road irregularities that you would consider not too bad. :thumbdown:

Cut out the brackets today but didn't have enough time to remount the low-pro bump stop on the frame. 120 miles + later, no bottoming out yet. Gonna dial out a few clicks tomorrow and more road test.

I keep mine on 5. Never bottom out with the mono leafs, unless really loaded. with just the SS street drop, i need 7-8 to prevent bottom out.

bluuge

Reaction score
just got my XII drop kit with qa1s and the low pro bumpstops. is it recomended to remove the stop bumps AND the stock bump stop brackets?

Xrunnerbjt

Reaction score

How much are u selling the kit for?

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Just now seen this thread(redirected :top: from another thread) and am almost ready to pull the trigger on a XII kit. I see that it is wise to remove the bracket. Then run some low-pro stops. And from what i have read thus far, you must drill and tap a hole for the said stops.

My question regarding this is; How difficult is it to get the hole you are drilling straight? Just going by the pics in the first post and half-ass looking under there without the truck on stands it looks as though it is a tough angle to get past the axle with your drill. This could just be an illusion from my observations and i am over thinking it. Also, nobody has mentioned it. I just want to make sure.

I seem to always over think and research the crap out of something before spending money and potentially regretting the decision.

Thanks for any info.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Drill, dont tap. Start with a small bit at an angle, then step up in sizes until you have a large enough hole.

2012TxNinja

Reaction score
^^ the bumb stops don't have nothing to do with body roll. Unless you're bottomed out as your turning. Wouldn't make any difference.

I did the same thing. I've had no bracket or bump stops (On stock shocks) for close to a year now. And I never bottom out. And I've hit some really hard bumps.
I plan on making some low pro bump stops one of these days, but I'm not worried about it after having nothing for so long.
Anyone tired of bottoming out, this is the cure. :top:
I also intalled the airlift helper springs, which is a great idea if you ever haul anything. I only have them set at a couple PSI until I actually have a load.

Im ready for this "cure" . how did I not see this thread before???

JOESTUNTS420

Reaction score
i did this today..such a pain in the ass!! grinded the heads off n used an air chizzle..pins still wouldnt comeout...hade to drill em out and then air chizzle them some more lol..waiting for my djm kit to come in..cant wait to be slammed!!!

xrunrob

Reaction score
I did my brackets yesterday and thank god i wont have to do that again. used a grinder and grinded the rivets flat then use my air hammer with a punch bit and pushed them in till the top to where lose then took a BFH and hit the lip on the bracket and they fell right out. Took me about an hour to do both. install the low pro bump stops and 2" blocks all said and done about 2 hours. looks so much better. just got to get the gen 1 springs on the front now.

STONER-X

Reaction score
i left the rivets in for added weight to aid in traction... lol

this is something everyone should do that is lowered... my lower back thanks me haha

Eraser

Reaction score
This is a very good idea but, I have questions...

Could this run a danger of blowing a rear shock from over-compression?

How much more does it allow the rear shocks to compress?

Top Bottom