Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

removing stock seats?

Xtacy

Reaction score
Was thinking about removing my stock seat covers, if possible. Just because they're dirty from years of wear and tear and wanted to wash them. Has anyone done this?

gearhead899

Reaction score
im sure its probly a huge pain to remove them. I feel your pain tho. its a huge pain to try to keep these seats spot free. Best i can do is spot treat them with resolve any time i see some dirt.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Usually around 150, can be found on ebay, amazon or your local dealer. The highest price i have seen is 200.

A

Albertcriss

I removed my seats last week and put them back on with no problems. Just remove the negative cable from your battery before you remove them

T4Z

Reaction score
Once you figure it out definitely recommend seat covers, the toyota ones are awesome, match the interior good and look good, pretty easy to clean too. Buddy's of mine have thought they are just the seats.

Sorry cant help with removing actual seats....

Reaction score
I know...old thread. But actually the covers aren't too bad to remove. Need hog rings and hog ring pliers. Most modern seats have a plastic retainer sewn into the material that you have to unhook from a bar. Next note where the stock hog rings are located (take a pic with your phone) and cut the hog rings with a good pair of diagonal cutters. You'll have to peel the cover back. Head rest retainers are attached in a multitude of ways. Not sure about the Tacomas. Easy to describe the whole process, but to the newbie I'm sure it's a head scratcher.

Top Bottom