Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

removing supercharger - stock intake

Viktor

Reaction score
I'm considering selling the supercharger off my Tacoma due to receiving a LOT of interest. I'm not sure yet. Does anyone have a write-up on the removal and a stock parts list?

I know I'll need a stock intake, crankshaft bolt, stock ecu, gaskets and belt. I can get all that for about $400. Is there anything else?

Thank you!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm considering selling the supercharger off my Tacoma due to receiving a LOT of interest. I'm not sure yet. Does anyone have a write-up on the removal and a stock parts list?

I know I'll need a stock intake, crankshaft bolt, stock ecu, gaskets and belt. I can get all that for about $400. Is there anything else?

Thank you!

Good luck with the ecu swap. It's not as simple as just finding a used one and swapping it in. It doesn't work that way. It will have to be done at the dealer and it won't be cheap. Also the waterpump spacers will likely be ruined upon removal. Replacement parts for the TRD supercharger have become increasingly difficult to come by.

justin13703

Reaction score
Just leave the Trd injectors in there and leave the ecu alone. Not worth the money it's gonna cost you to buy and have a brand new ecu programmed by the dealership. The truck will run fine on the reflash and Trd injectors with no supercharger.

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
Yep don't touch the ecu or injectors... You will wind up spending what you sell the sc for..

Also yes the spacer for the cooling system and the top radiator hose will need to come off.. If I remember right you will be ok when you remove the spacer.. The new owner will need to source a new oring for it...

What you need is the trd sc install instructions for find out what was replaced during the install...

Honestly in your case since you bought the truck with it installed it might be easier to leave it then swap back out..

In this time it is not a sellers market.. No one has money.. It might be best to sit this round out if you can swing it.. I know you are in tough times :(

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say honestly even without touching the ecu and injectors, it will still be a huge pita to get it removed and even bigger pita for whoever buys it to find parts. Because they will need parts.

And like Stoner said. Everyone is interested in everything. Until it's time to pull the cash out. Then all of a sudden no one is interested. So you may end up removing it and not even being able to sell it.

TRON

Reaction score
I think you could sell a TRD supercharger and the fit kit easily cause they don't make them anymore.

Mallcrawl

Reaction score
Yep don't touch the ecu or injectors... You will wind up spending what you sell the sc for..

Also yes the spacer for the cooling system and the top radiator hose will need to come off.. If I remember right you will be ok when you remove the spacer.. The new owner will need to source a new oring for it...

What you need is the trd sc install instructions for find out what was replaced during the install...

Honestly in your case since you bought the truck with it installed it might be easier to leave it then swap back out..

In this time it is not a sellers market.. No one has money.. It might be best to sit this round out if you can swing it.. I know you are in tough times :(

Yeah I was gonna say honestly even without touching the ecu and injectors, it will still be a huge pita to get it removed and even bigger pita for whoever buys it to find parts. Because they will need parts.

And like Stoner said. Everyone is interested in everything. Until it's time to pull the cash out. Then all of a sudden no one is interested. So you may end up removing it and not even being able to sell it.

Yes very true , if you are not familiar with the removal don't do it or you won't come close to breaking even.

How much were you thinking of selling everything for?

Viktor

Reaction score
Thank you for the input guys! I appreciate all your comments. You've helped me come to the conclusion that I should in fact not remove it from the truck. It's not gonna be worth the effort I'd have to put into it.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input guys! I appreciate all your comments. You've helped me come to the conclusion that I should in fact not remove it from the truck. It's not gonna be worth the effort I'd have to put into it.

You'll get the money for it on the back end when you sell the truck. I agree with the others. If you didn't install it, and we know you didn't because we know the two previous owners, it's would be a real task to make sure A) you don't break anything that you can't replace and B) waste a bunch of money on stock parts you'll need.

GLWS :top:

Top Bottom