Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Replaced OEM battery

XDsm

Reaction score
Truck has been getting harder to turn over so I figured I would replace the battery before I was stranded. Got just over 3.5 years out of the stocker, not awesome but still not bad. I picked up a Sears Diehard Platinum battery which fits with no modifications into the stock bracket.

FYI the Sears Diehard Platinum is the SAME as the Odyssey PC1400 battery. The Diehard Platinum is just a re-labeled Odyssey for a discounted price. Don't believe me check out the specs:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...s+&+Chargers&sName=Automotive+Batteries#specs

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1400_35.htm

I didn't go with Optima since I haven't had good luck with them since Johnson Controls took over. Their quality is really sub-par from what it used to be.

So there you go for those that don't know. You can go to Sears and pick up a Sears labeled Odyssey battery for $50 less than you would pay for the Odyssey labeled one:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup the Oddysey batteries are top notch. I saw how they are made on the tv show "How Its Made"

ntinhri

Reaction score
I love my red top and they are much lighter. The one in my 4 runner is 3-4 years old and she fires right up at 15*or 100*. the one in the x does very well. I havent had any issues with quality.

But it looks like you got a rockin battery too.. awesome!

XDsm

Reaction score
I had two Optima reds and both failed within a couple years. Before that in my Dad's car we had a Red top that was from when Optima was Swiss owned and that battery lasted 7 years. Once they changed over from Swiss ownership they seemed to have a lot of quality control issues. Maybe they have finally improved but I didn't want to risk that for the price they ask for when only having a prorated warranty. Still both are miles better than those crappy Autozone batteries.

Top Bottom