Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reptiles?

trd_sport

Reaction score
Im starting a terrarium/aquarium for growing orchids and keeping some dart frogs as well as filling the aquarium portion with some type of small neon fish for looks. Does anyone have any experience with dart frogs? These little suckers are not cheap, some around 200 a piece so keeping them alive and well is a priority. Ill post some pics when i get everything setup, working on it this week, but if anyone has any tips they would like to share Im all ears! Im going to include a misting system for humidity and looks so hopefully will look pretty awesome once done.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Humidity is key to keeping them alive as well with the mister and make sure to have a heater for your tropical fish. I used to have a set-up like this and wow it was maintance maintance and more maintance, but it pays off its an awesome set up to have fish with frigs. BTW how big is your tank?

46&2_X

Reaction score
$200???

That seems a bit high. I could have sworn I've seen some for $50-$75.

I've seen some really amazing Blues and Yellows for $200. But most I looked at were under $100.

trd_sport

Reaction score
^ yeah they go all the way from 35-150 a couple for closer to 200.
Im thinking of building 2 tanks maybe 20 and 50 gal. Are there any special supplements they may need? I was reading mostly feed fruit flys and some can eat small crickets.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
trd_sport said:
Im thinking of building 2 tanks maybe 20 and 50 gal. Are there any special supplements they may need? I was reading mostly feed fruit flys and some can eat small crickets.

Usually a local reptile store can answer what they eat. I fed mines crickets and small blood worms

46&2_X

Reaction score
i got a black anaconda :crinklehair:

Pics?

It depends on the species.

I would be careful of Crickets. If they get large they can start feeding on your Frogs. There's some good websites out there. I'll see if I can find any of them.

brownbrown

Reaction score
Have had a few repitiles. Never frogs, But i know you cant have too much moisture. Along with that, Fungus/alge will be a PITA

fmap4life

Reaction score
holy snap, I did not know azureus is a real thing! I only used it for torrents!

trd_sport

Reaction score
So I got another one...lol...this one is called a cobalt. Just like the others but it has yellow on top and blue on bottom.

They are kind of freaking me out a bit because whenever i come over to the cage they hop over to the side im standing on like a pack of dogs waiting for food. They just stare at me.:ahhhhh:

Top Bottom