Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Review: Collinite 845

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Collinite 845

I finally got a chance to go to work on the finish on my somewhat new Tacoma. The white is a single stage and I felt the most important thing to do was get a good sealer on it. I spoke to a couple of local detailers, but wasn't satisfied with the products they were using which seemed more profit-centric rather than quality oriented. After quite a bit of research, I ended up grabbing some Collinite 845 for a couple of reasons:

1) Its for my daily driver and 845 is widely considered the most durable/longest lasting sealant.
2) My Taco stays out in the elements on my driveway and it need something tough.
3) Though 845 doesn't look shabby by any means, it's not on par with products like Souveran but it's durability is paramount and the cost is on point.

I started by stripping off the Meg's Ultimate carnauba with some Ultimate polish. I used my Makita to buff the panels till they were squeaky clean. I then used Adam's detail spray to wipe clean all the remnants of the polish. I used the baggy check and locate a couple small patches where fallout had set in and I commenced removal with some fine clay. Following that, I swapped pads to a finishing pad and started applying the Collinite 845.

Per the sticky's on Autogeek, the Collinite needs to be shaken vigorously and heated/left in the sun to get it to liquify completely. Once this was done, I poured some into a spray bottle to ensure a thin application. 845 application is straight forward and simple. I went around the whole truck and allowed time for the layer to flash completely before using a plush MF towel to remove the flash.

The finished product is glossy and seems pretty hard. The Megs Ultimate carnauba provided a slightly deeper gloss and felt more slick to the touch. As the 845 cured throughout the day, it seems to have gotten a little more slick and I can tell by the residue left on my hands, that this stuff is gonna be tough. Adhesion of the product is largely dependent on the amount/quality of the prep and by all indications, it seems to have adhered quite well.

I finished up the job by applying the 845 to my new wheels. Again, application was easy and removal the same. It's safe to use on powdercoated kicks.

I feel much better knowing my paint is protected and I think Collinite 845 is going to replace a lot of the other finishing waxes I have sitting in the garage. Good stuff, super durable, and cost effective. Check out the link at the top of the page for more info and history on Collinite 845.

Top Bottom