Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

riken raptor??

X-RUNNER07

Reaction score
i need new tires and refuse to pay for the bridgestone. i want somwething cheap. are they tooo cheap? or they pretty good?

gosaints420

Reaction score
I had a set of these. Imo they were way better than stock. better grip and last a lot longer. When I picked them up they were less than $100 a tire to.

Yallrun

Reaction score
Really depends on which ones your getting. When I dropped my little Ford Ranger, I put 18" cobra rims (Off a mustang cobra) and put some Z rated Riken Raptors on em. Not only where they good, they where awesome. I push em as well in corners trying to find the limits. They hung on more then I thought they would. Now the power that the X has and the weight maybe a little different story. But IMO they are real good tires for the money. The tread pattern looks mean as well.

91 240sx

Reaction score
i need new tires and refuse to pay for the bridgestone. i want somwething cheap. are they tooo cheap? or they pretty good?

ok i work at discount tire. there a descent tire. there made by bfg so there a cheap bfg. they wont last as long as a bfg of course but other than that nothing wrong with them. i have a set or two on a ride of mine.

dman090

Reaction score
im not sure about truck tires... but i have a set of nitto invos on my cobalt.. they are amazing tires

look into nitto man

x-trucho

Reaction score
my truck came whit riken overall , I can say they was pretty good i just swap them for new ones now i got good years supercar they are cheaper but seem to wearing out faster :thumpdown:

X-roller

Reaction score
ok i work at discount tire. there a descent tire. there made by bfg so there a cheap bfg. they wont last as long as a bfg of course but other than that nothing wrong with them. i have a set or two on a ride of mine.

:top: Actually riken was introduced by michelin. They aren't bad treads they introduced these tires so they could have a cheaper tire on the market and not sacrifice there name on the tire. At least when I worked at sears auto that brand was coming from michelin. Don't know if they changed companies or not.

stockredx

Reaction score
They are holding my rims off the ground right now. They are a good tire, but a bit hard though durometer/ treadwear 300. Great for mileage, but a bit slippery out back in the corners! Unless you like drifting.......:biggrin:

FashowFreestyle

Reaction score
These tires are garbage - Ive had 2 out of 4 blow out on the sidewalls - belt seperation

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
I've had em' a few months now. no issues and I drive ALOT. My only complaint is the sidewall definately feels softer than the Potenza's. Almost feels like body roll. Great traction though.

rich017

Reaction score
:top: Actually riken was introduced by michelin. They aren't bad treads they introduced these tires so they could have a cheaper tire on the market and not sacrifice there name on the tire. At least when I worked at sears auto that brand was coming from michelin. Don't know if they changed companies or not.

I work at a Discount Tire also and we get them from BFG

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
dont waste your money on the Riken Raptors, they are ok if your shat broke and just need something on the truck to get you to work. spend the extra change and get a good tire it will be more than worth it.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Just remember your life depends on them.

Reaction score
I'm running Cooper zeons on mine. I love em. I paid 150 ea for them. Nitto is a good tire to!0

rich017

Reaction score
Just remember your life depends on them.

Not a bad tire. There are two types of the Raptor though. A cheap set and a good set. The good set are directional tires and we have put them on PLENTY of vehicles and have PLENTY of vehicles come in for rotations and balancing that have had them on there for a while.

I have not seen one of those tires, ride rough, separate, blow out, or have the sides bulge. I however see those issues on the cheap tires like fiskers, Dunlop's, goodyear, etc...

These tires are garbage - Ive had 2 out of 4 blow out on the sidewalls - belt seperation

I highly doubt that happened without some kind of driver error like driving them with low air. That will destroy a tire pretty much instantly if it is low enough to be riding in the sidewall. Even the cheapest tires don't just blow up or get separation until they get some miles on them

Last edited:
Top Bottom