Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

roll call clutch-flywheel peeps

ntinhri

Reaction score
just wondering who's running after market clutch and flywheel?

ntinhri- stage 4 and lightend flywheel

did u notice any changes?

Gadget

Reaction score
I have the Competition Clutch Stage IV with the light weight flywheel.

definitely more zip during acceleration. More aggressive bite on engagement. Real easy to chip tires during shifting.

Biggest improvement is normal shifting and gear engagement compared to the clutch assembly I had in there before. I am much happier about that.

Gadget

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
I was the first one to get this installed. (CC Stage 4 and LW Flywheel)

Although I didnt drive a stock one long, it DOES accelerate quicker and the revs are much smoother. In my opinion, it would be hard to break this clutch too...its a nice one.

Last edited:

rat7761

Reaction score
Stage 2 w/stock flywheel. Slightly stiffer pedal. More positive engagement but still very driveable. Stands up to supercharged power no problem even though it's considered an N/A clutch. Had a bit of clutch chatter after installation but is going away the more I drive. No grinding during shifts. I highly recommend this clutch to all X-Runner owners especially with all the problems people are having with the stock clutch. Perfect daily driver clutch.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have the Competition Clutch Stage IV with the light weight flywheel.

definitely more zip during acceleration. More aggressive bite on engagement. Real easy to chip tires during shifting.

Biggest improvement is normal shifting and gear engagement compared to the clutch assembly I had in there before. I am much happier about that.

Gadget

If you are chipping tires you have some issues gadget. Must be all that URD power ripping the rubber away from the belt.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Stage 4 clutch and lightweight flywheel.

So far it's been good, except for the throwout bearing making waay too much noise

gregincali

Reaction score
Fidanza flywheel stock clutch. Smoother quicker shifting more zoom:rock:

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
stage 4 light flywheel love it can't wait to get the crank pulley in there

Gadget

Reaction score
If you are chipping tires you have some issues gadget. Must be all that URD power ripping the rubber away from the belt.

Yea, I think you are right. I got my terms confused. Chipping and chunking is what happens to the tires on my off road truck.

Chirping is what I get from my street truck.

G

ntinhri

Reaction score
just a heads up on install guys.. ensure your flywheel is perfectly pulled up on your crank.. triple check torque and triple check you clutch.. its gonna require some extra effort.. but you dont want to pull it down again..

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
just a heads up on install guys.. ensure your flywheel is perfectly pulled up on your crank.. triple check torque and triple check you clutch.. its gonna require some extra effort.. but you dont want to pull it down again..

did it fix it?

Justin

ntinhri

Reaction score
funny how the world works.... at first smooth as silk... now the viberation is back.. not as bad as before and its only down around 600 rmp's.. im going to assume this viberation is normal..

I learning the clutch.. seems you really have to rev to about 1500 or so to get a smooth take off from a light.. I've been very easy on it.. I now this chatter should work it self out.. any way right now I love this combo after Im rolling..

I will tell you my 1st gear is useless. if I get on it (not floored) in 1st I light them up.. I can see if I was on stockers 2nd would do the same... I guess we will see how things work out.. Im not pulling it apart again..

flywheel really allow the truck to rev WAY faster.. clutch grabs like crazy..

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
funny how the world works.... at first smooth as silk... now the viberation is back.. not as bad as before and its only down around 600 rmp's.. im going to assume this viberation is normal..

I learning the clutch.. seems you really have to rev to about 1500 or so to get a smooth take off from a light.. I've been very easy on it.. I now this chatter should work it self out.. any way right now I love this combo after Im rolling..

I will tell you my 1st gear is useless. if I get on it (not floored) in 1st I light them up.. I can see if I was on stockers 2nd would do the same... I guess we will see how things work out.. Im not pulling it apart again..

Sounds like someone just got back from a test drive :biggrin:

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
1st is way useless even n/a if you roll at like 5-10 punch it down goodbye traction hello smoke second you'll bounce if tires are cold more spin third chirp other then that does great get the x-1 one and the pulleys installed may give the surper charged guys a run

Coupe

Reaction score
I understand the quicker revs and easier shifting. I can see where this is a good mod, especially for a street truck. The problem I see is with you regular track guys. If you have a heavy flywheel, rev it up and dump the clutch you transmit a lot of stored energy. A lighter flywheel means less stored energy. I would guess to get the same launch, with a lighter flywheel, you would have to rev higher before the dump.

That is my guess, what are your experiences?

Gadget

Reaction score
Not a problem at all. There is plenty of ready to go power.

I was giving daily demo rides at URD. The launch control really sticks the power down consistently without excessive wheel spin.

The problem was I was getting pulled over EVERY SINGLE DAY. I had to get the hell out of there before they started locking me up.

Gadget

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score

yep...welcome to the club.

1st is a split second shift to 2nd...so yeah its pointless....1500 RPM is my sweet spot too...

get used to the ticking and vibration. Mine has done it since it was put on..i think Spyders does too...

:dontknow:

|v3nom|

"Speed Fresh"
Reaction score
i want to drive one now :(. vecte needs to get this done so i can drive his :D.

Top Bottom