Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rotora 355 BBK question ?

Murderface

Reaction score
which kit is worth getting the 355 or is the 330 good enough

??

The 330mm is plenty stopping power. With my SSBC/TundraRacing 332mm BBK just the weight of my foot is enough to stop the truck for a redlight even when doin 55mph. Obviously the 355mm 6 pot is better then the 330mm 4 pot but it's really up to u if u wanna spend the extra coin to go that much bigger.

Xraided

Reaction score
hmm thanks for the input... im leaning towards the 330... maybe if i was boosted would 355 suit me better..

Murderface

Reaction score
I'm laying down tons of power with my TRD blower and my brake setup works just fine for me. I'm sure I'm well over 400rwtq when running E85

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I'm laying down tons of power with my TRD blower and my brake setup works just fine for me. I'm sure I'm well over 400rwtq when running E85

Did two stops from 120, to zero, back to back. With just the "Street pads", the fade was noticeable, after completing the second stop. But, it was only minor and nothing comparable to, Pedal-to-floor action of my stockers...and of course, these haven't exploded, so there worth it in my book:top: I imagine the 330 or the TR racing would be great with some high performance pads, even for track use.

But i got a goo deal on the 355 vs 335, so i couldn't pass it up. :smile:

Murderface

Reaction score
I only have the semi metallic pads that came with my BBK, I may upgrade to some carbon/Kevlar pads in the future. When doing back to back/extreme stopping at hi speeds I get some brake fade but it's very little and not enough to be worried about

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Make sure to upgrade to a good dot 4 fluid also. ATE superblue racing brake fluid or Petison racing brake fluid. Good enough for a 911 GT3 cup car its good enough for a X Runner.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Make sure to upgrade to a good dot 4 fluid also. ATE superblue racing brake fluid or Petison racing brake fluid. Good enough for a 911 GT3 cup car its good enough for a X Runner.

Thats what i has. Amazing stuff in IMHO. Considering its still DOT-4:rockon:The ATE stuff

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Thats what i has. Amazing stuff in IMHO. Considering its still DOT-4:rockon:The ATE stuff

Even being dot4 there boiling point is over 100f above minimum spec. Ate has a Blue fluid and a clear fluid. Same stuff but so you can see when the old fluid is out of there. This is more for racers that are changing the fluid after each event.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hey can somebody give me some info on how to bleed these brakes...they have double needles.??? Help..planning on putting my front kit on very soon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Very easy. Start by bleeding the farthest point from the master cylinder first. Then work your way inward.

So the passenger caliper first, closest to the wheel. Then the inner fender bleeder. Next the driver side wheel outer bleeder. Then the inner fender bleeder. :top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
got em in...hey does it metter which way the rotor spins???

Attachments

• IMAG0354.jpg
    IMAG0354.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
did any of you remove the dust shield When you put on your kit??

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
No....not even close....those should be six lug, or that funny new 5 lug size that the new tundras are...

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Wow thats some stopping power and i thought mine were alot...lol

Dclose5

Reaction score
I have been eye balling these over the last couple of weeks. Super sick but what the hell is up with that price. Does anyone have a coupon -

got em in...hey does it metter which way the rotor spins???

- To answer the original question I believe the rotation of the slots and drill holes should be aimed downward - (From the outside of the rotor towards the center) - Think of it as wind blowing water off of the rotor.

These are sick as F*! Anyone know of a cheap used pair cause that price is disgusting -

Last edited:
Top Bottom