Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sad day for me n the x

Repulze

Reaction score
Leaving work today friend wanted to race..hit ice doin about 50 around small bend lost control and hopped two curbs..busted rim 2 flat tires and tore up front bumper..fml. so anyone know where I can get new trim and stuff..wheels not too big an issue?..I feel sick this sucks

Workman3886

Reaction score
You would probably do better just doing an insurance claim, those parts are going to be super expensive

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Glad it wasn't worse. But a good lesson for everyone. Don't be stupid, especially when the road conditions aren't good.
Were you on stock summer tires? Even in the cold its sketchy driving on those things, just no grip when the temperature drops.

cwatt

Reaction score
I know your pain. Pulled out of my parking-lot one night - black ice, 30km/h (max), slid into the curb and did $600 between the front and rear hubs/tierods/allignment/etc.

*this was in my old car - I would have just driven over the curb in my truck lol

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I know your pain. Pulled out of my parking-lot one night - black ice, 30km/h (max), slid into the curb and did $600 between the front and rear hubs/tierods/allignment/etc.

*this was in my old car - I would have just driven over the curb in my truck lol

Wtf wow amazing the slightest tap and sometimes were screwed...

Leaving work today friend wanted to race..hit ice doin about 50 around small bend lost control and hopped two curbs..busted rim 2 flat tires and tore up front bumper..fml. so anyone know where I can get new trim and stuff..wheels not too big an issue?..I feel sick this sucks

Well good thing is that your safe and im sure u wont do that again.....Hopefully you have comp n collision on your policy depending on your deductible that might be a better option to go through....just be sure you dont mention you were foolin around.

Last edited:

redarkx

Reaction score
Sucks to hear man. I'd try to do an insurance claim, Rim alone will be high.

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Man that sucks bad. Sorry to hear that, Google luck on the search for the parts.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Toyota Tacoma VIS Racing SRS Body Kit with Fender Flares. Does anyone have this or any experiance with this kit?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Im glad you are ok and didn't get hurt, but keep it safe and do the racing on the track.

Now sounds like a good time to get some 20" rims to replace those stockers.

GL

butters607

Reaction score

the trim is about 300 ea side for the long ones if thats what you meant. INSURANCE CLAIM!!!!!! Also like shaggy try to keep it at the track!

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
That sucks majorly...I grew up in New Cumberland and Camp Hill, but that was back when I was 13 or so - never had a license in PA, so I never drove in freezing conditions back then.

I'm with what everyone else says - insurance claim if you have full coverage, otherwise start bankrolling some $$ 'cuz it won't be cheap...

Dave in Dusty Doha, Qatar
Deployed Gov't Contractor - FOR THREE MORE DAYS

MRBOJANGLES

Reaction score
I would go through insurance man. I crashed mine(read my welcome thread)
these parts are expensive. I didn't have insurance at the time and it was pricy. wish I did.
insurance might go up a lil depending on the "story"
Good luck with the truck.

Top Bottom