Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sad Sunday (truck carnage)

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
its not worth it to sue anyone man.

The time it takes to go through with it and the headaches it causes completely suck, trust me. I've been through it before and the only way ill ever do that again is if im seriously hurt or something of mine is seriously damaged.

^^ He's right there. My wife had someone pull out into her car when she was traveling 50 mph - hit her and sent her across the road into a ditch. Luckily she didn't get too hurt but did have some serious injuries to her knee. Their insurance called the day of the accident and offered us $500. We refused and called our attorney. Good thing, because just the knee brace for her knee was $650 - not to mention the thousands of dollars in surgery and rehab that she had to go through. She still has trouble with that knee to this day.

After two years - we settled for $22,000. That covered the car, medical bills and maybe like $4-5k for pain, suffering and inconvenience (for lost work, etc). Suing was the right move for us because we would have been f***ed and buried in medical bills if we had taken their offer for $500.

Lesson: NEVER take the accusee's insurance offer the day of the accident.

ntinhri

Reaction score
^^ He's right there. My wife had someone pull out into her car when she was traveling 50 mph - hit her and sent her across the road into a ditch. Luckily she didn't get too hurt but did have some serious injuries to her knee. Their insurance called the day of the accident and offered us $500. We refused and called our attorney. Good thing, because just the knee brace for her knee was $650 - not to mention the thousands of dollars in surgery and rehab that she had to go through. She still has trouble with that knee to this day.

After two years - we settled for $22,000. That covered the car, medical bills and maybe like $4-5k for pain, suffering and inconvenience (for lost work, etc). Suing was the right move for us because we would have been f***ed and buried in medical bills if we had taken their offer for $500.

Lesson: NEVER take the accusee's insurance offer the day of the accident.

In the state of VA you can have your Primary medical coverage cover all cost as they would normally and still submit the full bills to the other insurance company. So in Klints case, if his wife was already covered you can actually go to the doctors, pay only deductibles and submit for other insurance to pay you. Kinda like double dipping. I know this was the case as of 2002 any way.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Wow Really sorry about the truck. Glad everyone is ok and she wont get away with it.
Karma is a bitch

PS hopefully they write it off, u can get a 2011 :)

07SWB

Reaction score
Reason I say don't bother is because I was in a pretty serious accident in 2006.. impact of 80mph.. I broke my pelvis in 3 places and spent 5 weeks in the hospital. I racked up $640,000 in medical bills and the guy who hit me had the audasity(sp?) To sue me because he broke his leg.

After over 2 years of fighting I ended up with $19,000.. my insurance gave him $15k to go away.

Lesson learned, I will always be the first to get an attorny from now on!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
WOW

Good to here you are ok though....BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT

We have one hell of a epic friggen fail on our hands....:laugh:

be as nice as possible when and if you get to confront her...then just Blip a Fitch and go all spider monkey on her ass...

+1 on the community service idea...jails are crowded, but our CA freeways could use some TLC...:top:

SooRunner

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your accident but look at the brighter side...TIME TO GET BOOSTED! :biggrin:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
damn, that sucks. dumb girl! Hope u can get it fixed. If not, you gonna get another BSP? Damn BSP curse strikes again. Glad no one was hurt.

jubjub

Reaction score
well, I got news on friday that the frame was not bent and they were just going to pretty much replace the entire front end minus the driver side fender....ugh 8k worth of damage FTL!!!

here's the part that really gets better!!! the police officer called me today, and found out that he got hold of the girl who hit me and supposedly going to turn herself in today, I guess yeah for that...but the sad part of this is why she bolted was she didnt have insurance so FML! well i guess its good california requires uninsured motorist insurance otherwise i'd be pretty screwed. but does this mean my rates will go up now? thats what im worried about so sounds like all im out is 200$ for the rental car i had last week, and a couple weeks with out my truck. kind of want to go beat the girl with my kempo stick.... but meh at this point she is going to jail for atleast a few days, and thats probably punishment enough. in the end im just glad no one is hurt, well other then my X.

XYota

Reaction score
thats sucks. thats alot of money wrapped up in tires. I have the same Goodyear tires. they r not cheap.

x ynot

Reaction score
at least it will get fixed stuff happens i guess

sinister07

Reaction score
I worked at a body shop for a while and I can tell you your truck will be better than new if in the right hands. Just look it over with a fine tooth comb. Any little issue you have just keep letting the insurance co. Know and they will either end up totaling her out or fix it to your liking. Just don't hound the guy fixing it. It's like when you send back some food at a restaurant and you wonder if there is a little some thing special in there. They will do some thing to jack your ride up.

jubjub

Reaction score
DAMNIT! i want my truck back 2 weeks now....omg im going crazy with out my own transportation!!!

jubjub

Reaction score
well ends up this ordeal has just been a complete nightmare!

first i have to pay the deductible to get my truck back. this isn't including having to pay monthly insurance premiums, registration is due, and the truck loan payment!! ugh that's like 1400$ for something i don't even have..but money aside the insurance company isn't going to wave the deductible until they contact the girl regardless of what the police report says. when the insurance lady told me this im like WTF!!!? the girl is in jail cause she did a hit and run on me how are you going to contact her!!? she had no good reply for me when i requested my deductible waved, because uninsured motorist should be taking care of all of this... talk about frustrating!! so almost 2.5 weeks now with out a vehicle(earliest estimate), cant afford to rent one and getting money from the girl who hit me would be like getting blood from a turnip....

i have never been so damn frustrated in my life....

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
wait... what? your insurance company or body shop isn't giving you a loaner? thats some bs right there. sorry its going bad for you man.

jubjub

Reaction score
yeah i paid for a week of a rental (couldnt afford anymore hoped the girl had insurance), my insurance, and most others it appears unless you specifically get rental insurance doesnt cover a rental, espicially cause the girl doesnt have insurance. basically if you hit someone it pays for their rental but not yours, so in the end im pretty well screwed...

fmap4life

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, i would cry, they will catch that idiot, good luck, I know how it feels, people cannot drive and we always seem to get the crap smelling end of the stick

jubjub

Reaction score
^^^ they caught the girl who smashed the X, well she turned herself in, the cop got a hold of her supposedly on the phone said you were a naughty girl, if we find you, you're in BIGGG trouble, if you come in your in trouble but not as bad.

jubjub

Reaction score
so i got hit on 9/19/10.....i still dont have my truck back. i dont think it should take this long to fix that kind of damage, pisses me off i wish they could of totaled it then i would of just bought another X...3 weeks to fix that much damage just seems out outrageous to me? and i have no idea still when im getting it back..pisses me off that i paid a entire month of my montly payment for a truck that i cant use

Vince77

Reaction score
I hope she gets what she deserves. What a dumb bitch.

jubjub

Reaction score
So i got my truck on saturday just a touch under 4 weeks in the shop!! imo that is just a long time in the shop friend of mine did over 20k damage to her car, airbags and everything it was done in 3 weeks!

anywho so after I got my truck back I really started to look at it, and go over it with a fine tooth comb couldnt believe the shotty work that I found and this is from a reputable place in town!!

1. the hood does not allign properly anymore with the fender. probably 1/8-1/4" but very noticeable and running hand over it tell there is a big lip
2. the passenger side rocker panel does not fit properly there's a gap between the fender and the rocker probably around 1/4"
3. the headlight assembly appears to be loose when i was driving at night i saw the headlight flickering or pulsating when i hit bumps
4. the bumper doesnt seem as high of quality as the OEM bumber was seems flimsier
5. the front lip trim the 2 bottom most pieces one side was salvageable but the other was replaced, they repainted the new half but not the old half so i have a complete new front end, except for that one piece which the paint color is off a touch, and it has shotloads of rockchips! it absolutely looks horrible!!

talk about a total disappointment in the craftsmanship, at this point im really almost at the point i'm going to sell it be done with it cause im not sure i can ever be happy again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom