Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Salutations!!

mdeezy

Reaction score
Greeting ladies and gents.

First off I do not own a X-runner but am looking and researching to it. I've been a Nissan man all of my automotive life. I sold my last car a couple years back and it's been me and the bike since ('05 zx6r). I travel around a lot for work so I had no real need to get a car yet. I still travel around but it's slowing down and i'll find a job locally and a vehicle will probably be needed.

I recently rented a truck to get my bike to the shop. It was an 2012 Cherry red Nissan Titan. A Monster of a truck and fun to drive but drinks gas like a mofo. It has me thinking should I get a truck?! I'd going to have bike(s) the rest of my life and if I start to track a truck will be needed.

My only requirements when getting a truck would be it has to be a manual. I do not drive auto..period. In my search it led me to the tacoma and then the x-runner. It's the sexiest truck I've ever seen period. Not sure when I may purchase but I'm doing my research. I've heard they have a rough ride, but if I got one suspension maybe the first mods I do, maybe lower a bit. I like lowered vehicle and would make loading the bike even easier. Also the bed on the Titan was pretty short, probably due to the large cab space, but I would rarely have 4 people in there.

So i'll be lingering around here reading up, posting randomly, and help with any random off topic convos that need some extra randomness to it.

I'm a very DIY capable person, so what ever mods I decide to do, i'd do myself. This would be my first truck, my first rear wheel drive vehicle so this can get interesting.

Pics of the bike:

Was titanium silver but I repainted myself for a more...custom one off look....

IMG_6808.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

i also did the retro myself. It was nice to see in some searches that someone else has done a retro in the xrunning with the morimotto projectors.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
hey Mdeezy, welcome to the X game! well to tell you about the X. of course i have one:rockon: Its a great truck....the idle on them are great by my standards....i also have a gixer 06 600 model and i use my X to tow around where i love riding at! well the bed is a slight short to putting the bike in straight...must angle it so you can close the gate.... usauly is what i do!....plus i got the X for the reason is its easier to put my lower bike in the X by my self...my is lowered 1.5 frt 2"r if you put the bike back there its going to make it even lower....meaning that hiting a bump is going to bottom out on u.....unlesss you get a air ride helper suspention kit! i have not done that yet...so far i have had to replace the stock shocks on it....they do make some QA-1 shocks for our X that helps also! theres actauly quite a bit to by for the X! So far i do everything my self also as a tech! The X is the only model truck from toyota that comes manual.....they do not come auto....no auto for this guy! Well mines an 08 model the seat in the back is a little rough to sit on...I know the 09 is a bit bigger seat....as that was the 1st model X i ever drove 1st!

P.s. welcome to the X forum

Rob...scouts out:rockon:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. :top:

madtrucker

Reaction score
Go down to a dealer near you that has 1 and test drive it. Drive it hard. You will fall in love w/ the X. Welcome to the Underground!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. If i were you i would get one... These things are awesome and apparently handle amazing with the right drop kit!

mdeezy

Reaction score
hey Mdeezy, welcome to the X game! well to tell you about the X. of course i have one:rockon: Its a great truck....the idle on them are great by my standards....i also have a gixer 06 600 model and i use my X to tow around where i love riding at! well the bed is a slight short to putting the bike in straight...must angle it so you can close the gate.... usauly is what i do!....plus i got the X for the reason is its easier to put my lower bike in the X by my self...my is lowered 1.5 frt 2"r if you put the bike back there its going to make it even lower....meaning that hiting a bump is going to bottom out on u.....unlesss you get a air ride helper suspention kit! i have not done that yet...so far i have had to replace the stock shocks on it....they do make some QA-1 shocks for our X that helps also! theres actauly quite a bit to by for the X! So far i do everything my self also as a tech! The X is the only model truck from toyota that comes manual.....they do not come auto....no auto for this guy! Well mines an 08 model the seat in the back is a little rough to sit on...I know the 09 is a bit bigger seat....as that was the 1st model X i ever drove 1st!

P.s. welcome to the X forum

Rob...scouts out:rockon:
Thanks for the good info. It's also good to hear from another rider and how they are able to carry their bike around. If I definitely get the X, i would travel more and bring my baby with me so i can hit some trails or cruise around where ever I am.

My bike is stock height as I'm a tall guys so loading her up shouldn't be that difficult. What type of a ramp do you have? does it damage the tail gate any? I borred some ramps to get my bike on the truck and it had some sharp edges that dug into part of the plastic on the tail gate. Luckily it was just a rental but I wouldn't want to damage it every time I load and unload the bike..

2012-07-06_12-59-04_219.jpg

2012-07-06_13-42-49_806.jpg

2012-07-06_13-59-35_854.jpg

Welcome to the Underground. :top:
thanks!
Go down to a dealer near you that has 1 and test drive it. Drive it hard. You will fall in love w/ the X. Welcome to the Underground!
This is an excellent Idea. Hopefully this week before i go to mississippi I'll find a dealer with a manual and give her a try.

From some of the threads I've seen it seems as if many have had some clutch issue very early, got it replaced then never had an issue. Is this common? I've changed clutches before and they aren't difficult, but buying the parts would suck if I got an X that was out of warranty and the clutch went.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Welcome, you must be a Blue Jay Fan with that logo on the Ninja.

mdeezy

Reaction score
I am a blue jays fan and a Toronto native!:canada:

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
well the type of ramp i have is for a ATV or a lawn tractor, no name for it bought it at the local dealership from suzuki n yamaha shop, i riveted some aluminium plates i got from lows so i could go up smoothly and my feet don't fall threw it...i spent a little over 500 on the ramp, plus the price of it included! the tunges on it have rubber coating to sit on the gate but pushing against it does not..so it does rub against the plastic... u could put something there to protect it! Plus when i have the bike n ramp together both take up alot of room the way i have i stored in the back! if u do get the truck with stock ride height....the bike in the back lowers its some but it won't bottom out, if u hit some bumps as long as its not a huge dip or bump you should be good.... but like there saying its a awesome truck.....well i have had my truck since 08....now has 40800 and no problem with the clutch...plus i just installed the URD S/C kit....almost 100 miles on it n no problem yet....n i said yet!!!! I have met some Canadians in Afghanistan part of last yr n this yr! I see what u mean by ur bed to short the X bed is over 5' long cause my ramp is about 5' long..... and it will fit straight in with the gate closed and have room left over!

p.s. if u fell the tank up quite a bit almost the the top i get over 300 miles on a tank!
Rob...scouts out

madtrucker

Reaction score
mdeezy said:
From some of the threads I've seen it seems as if many have had some clutch issue very early, got it replaced then never had an issue. Is this common? I've changed clutches before and they aren't difficult, but buying the parts would suck if I got an X that was out of warranty and the clutch went.

It's been the throw out bearing that's been the problem. It seems it can squeal at idle. I haven't heard it but I've read about it on here. Alot of them have been replaced now. Definitely listen for it when you start looking at them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground lots of experts here on 1GR I am just a rook Nice bike:top:

cwatt

Reaction score
Welcome. I've never driven an X (took a full-size Tacoma out though) and bought an FJ. Can't offer any insight to bike specific inquiries, but welcome to help when and where I can.

Enjoy the forum.

- Colin

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. You've come to the right place for X-runner info. They are great trucks, and with the right mods they can be made even better.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to XRU. Lots of great people and information here so hopefully we can help you not only get into an X but also to tweak it to your liking. Not sure if this is still an issue on the newer trucks but if you buy used be careful with the tailgate - some of the older models the tailgate would crease with too much weight on it (like a bike). But there are plenty of guys here with bikes that load them up that could answer your questions there.

elynor_v

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU. This forum will have you sprung on an X and modding in no time! :blurock:

Pssst! BSP is the fastest color, don't let 'em tell you different! :wink:

dramad1

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU, great forum full of knowledgable people, and unique/modded/sexy X's. It's like a second family full of car/truck enthusiast as well as many other things.

When you buy or look at buying an X, do you have a choice in color picked out yet? Year as well? Newer model or older model? New or used? Maybe if you wait till near the end of the year, they might have more info on the 2013's. Just curious. I believe the 05-08 are very similar of not the same and the 09's and up there are a few changes in interior, color options, engine parts, headlights/tail lights/fogs, grill. After market parts for the newer models are just starting to become available through xru's forum vendors.
Welcome again and nice paint job on the bike.

Top Bottom