Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scion Radio installed w/ a problem

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Well I installed it today and I'm running into a problem. MY AIRBAG LIGHT IS ON, ON THE DASH! :thumpdown:. Everything is plugged in. Everything fits. Controls from the steering wheel is functional. Only bad thing is I don't know why the airbag light is on. Can someone help me out here.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Did you cut a wrong wire? did you bump the airbag harness by chance?

gravity

Reaction score
maybe your airbag went out at the same time as the install. couldbe one of those weird coinsedences?

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Did you cut a wrong wire? did you bump the airbag harness by chance?
I didn't cut any wires. It's all plug and play. As for bumping the harness. There is a possibility because I was pulling on the US SPEC wire from behind the dash and I had a hard time. Is the harness back there? What does it look like?

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
It should look somewhat like this, I have'nt personally pulled our's off before

fr500_007.jpg

AsianTaco

Reaction score
LMAO! No I did not get anywhere near the steering wheel lol. Is there like a airbag box/harness thing back behind the radio area?

preXrunner

Reaction score
I've had my airbag replaced before. My body guy couldn't get the airbag light to turn off either. He said he tried everything and still couldn't get the light to go away.
I ended up taking it to the dealer and they took care of it.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
I've had my airbag replaced before. My body guy couldn't get the airbag light to turn off either. He said he tried everything and still couldn't get the light to go away.
I ended up taking it to the dealer and they took care of it.
FML! I really don't want to go to the dealership. They might give me crap since I have a system in there.

preXrunner

Reaction score
In my case, I hit a deer and the airbag deployed. Maybe you just unplugged something on accident?? :hmmmm2:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I thought you did when you did the steering wheel controls, my bad :rolleyez:

07SWB

Reaction score
its going to take the dealership flashing your ECU for it to turn off..

That or the spiral cable (thing behind the steering wheel) went out at the same time you did the install.

If its the spiral cable, youre looking at ~$300 for a new one.

eltus

Reaction score
FML! I really don't want to go to the dealership. They might give me crap since I have a system in there.

The dealership has to prove that your mods caused the problem if they don't want to honor the waranty. its the law.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Well, I never touched anything near the steering wheel. All I did was take apart my dash and center console to put the radio in. So there's nothing behind the dash area that I might have bumped? I guess, back in the stock radio goes and to the dealership I go. I am under warranty. We'll see what happens I guess. Thanks guys I will keep you updated with my troubles.

rice247

Reaction score
How about try install the stock deck and see if the light goes off.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Thanks all! The light went off. I decided to desolder the airbag light behind the gauges.

PSYCHE!! I forgot to mention when I installed the radio I didn't get to put the clock/hazard button assembly back in because I had to go to class. After class I put that part in and this morning I drove half way down the street and it turned off. So I guess the airbags somehow draw power from there :hmmmm2:.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
umm, there is a light in the display for the passenger side, so im sure thats why the light would illuminate.

Viet2100

Reaction score
My airbag light comes on when I unplug the clock harness WHILE the truck is on. I just plugged it back in, turned off the truck completely, then restarted. Back to normal.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
My airbag light comes on when I unplug the clock harness WHILE the truck is on. I just plugged it back in, turned off the truck completely, then restarted. Back to normal.
HAHA! Vietnamese people think alike lol. Well, I figured that out the other day lol.

Top Bottom