Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seafoaming the X soon

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
would i need to swap my spark plugs after running seafoam through my vaccum hose?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Ah yes the foam....that stuff will clean your engine right out....i remember when i did mine i smoked up the front of the house pretty nice.

roy365

Reaction score
Are they clogged, or are you just doing some PM? I haven't ever heard of anyone saying it's necessary, but it may be. I'm interested in the answer myself. I only run it through my gas tank periodically. I've never done the oil side, or the vacuum hoses.

Gadget

Reaction score
Exactly how are you going to SeaFoam your engine?

G

toyota_rod

Reaction score
i use the vacuum hose off the brake booster when i do mine before an oil change

Gadget

Reaction score
i use the vacuum hose off the brake booster when i do mine before an oil change

Excellent way to get a lot of liquid into ONE cylinder and destroy it.

I have seen so many engines ruined by doing this. DON'T DO IT!!

G

toyota_rod

Reaction score
is this because of the way the intake manifold is designed? im not arguing but ive always had good results with seafoam in all vehicles ive owned.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lucas Oil - Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Cleaner. WAAAAAAAAAAAY safer.

is this because of the way the intake manifold is designed? im not arguing but ive always had good results with seafoam in all vehicles ive owned.

Correct. Plus the ring lands and rods are not the strongest.

Last edited:

toyota_rod

Reaction score
cool..thanks bro..i need to keep up with technology these days

roy365

Reaction score
Pick your poison with these products. Lucas brand has parafins (wax) in it but it doesn't throw codes or contain harsh chemicals. Seafoam I think uses naptha for it's main ingredient. They all have different formulas and affect components differently.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
Excellent way to get a lot of liquid into ONE cylinder and destroy it.

I have seen so many engines ruined by doing this. DON'T DO IT!!

G
that was my question. except i heard that it builds up liquid in the spark plugs?

toyota_rod

Reaction score
if you over did it there would probably be residue on the plugs or if they got saturated it would fire and burn it maybe? my curiosity is up now because ive seafoamed my truck at least 6 times since i bought it and it always ran really smooth afterwards...but i clean the filter, maf sensor and make sure the throttle is clean as well...torspd, do you have a cut out diagram of the intake?

Murderface

Reaction score
Why do u think u need to do this? I've never understood why people do this or feel the need to do this and don't think I ever will. Seems like most of the time people end up fawking something up in the process. I'm with Gadget.....don't do it

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I seafoamed our jeep once.... that also had a 310 000 MILES on it so if it screwed something up it wouldn't be a big deal anyways. It did make it idle nicer after.... but on low milage X's I think it is unnecessary

justin13703

Reaction score
I seafoamed our jeep once.... that also had a 310 000 MILES on it so if it screwed something up it wouldn't be a big deal anyways. It did make it idle nicer after.... but on low milage X's I think it is unnecessary

I also did that to my jeep, cause it had a quarter million miles and I wasn't worried about screwing up, and I wanted to see it blow smoke like a diesel lol. It was real sketchy, made some terrible sounds, and actually kept running for about 10 seconds after I took the key out. I thought I blew it up. I let it sit for 20 minutes, came back, it fired right up , smoked like a chimney, and ran like a champ lol. Those 4 liter inline 6's are unstoppable.

But yes, I would NOT do it to your truck. It's not necessary and you do run the risk of messing something up.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
ive heard all type of stories about this- both on the good and the bad, and honestly after all the fuzz and work i think a simple fresh spark plug change with fresh oil and filters along with a fuel system cleaner (on the last quarter of a full tank) my cars never run better

Gadget

Reaction score
Just think about this.

If you have your engine turned off and pour a liquid into the plenum where will it all go?

It will go to the lowest part which is going to be one of all the cylinders. Tracking so far?

If the engine is running the same thing happens. Don't think for second that this liquid suddenly turns into a cloud and gets suspended in the air in the manifold and goes into all the cylinders evenly. It just does not do such a thing.

So you are either going to super clean one cylinder or destroy it. What is the point of this.

If you want to do something beneficial, get a can of BG44K and put it in the fuel tank and run that tank out. That will clean the injectors, intake ports and get a good bit of the carbon out of the combustion chamberS.

If you want to do better, get an on the vehicle fuel injection service done, but please do not dump a can of liquid into your engine.

G

Top Bottom