Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Securing side skirt

xrunish

Reaction score
Anyone remember the post when a dealership zip tied someones sideskirts? I am trying to attach mine back on with clips but its always tends to not fit roght or snap, if anyone can help me it would be great or show me a diy on how to properly get it fitted thanks

Murderface

Reaction score
I used zip ties to hold mine on because they hold the skirts much closer to the body. What is it u wanna know about it?

xrunish

Reaction score
basically how you put your zip ties on, i zip tied mine but still isnt flush so i probably did not do it right, so you have any photos?

butters607

Reaction score
Buy the clips push and turn and they latch on now if the plastic peices are missing from the inner of the skirt you need a new skirt

xrunish

Reaction score
U shouldnt need to twist, they r all clip on and locks but it doesnt stay and breaks everytime

Murderface

Reaction score
Which skirts are u talking about? The big ones under the doors are the only ones I had to use zip ties on so far. The other thing u could do is use some epoxy to hold the clips in but I myself wouldn't do that.
There's a pro and con to using zip ties.
Pro: keeps the body kit flush and won't come loose
Con: won't come loose and something will break if u hit something that otherwise would pop the skirt off without breaking it
Let me see if I can find some pics on my other computer. I know I posted pics of them somewhere on here if someone feels like finding them?

xrunish

Reaction score
Talking about the long ones, and photos would be great

banohi72

Reaction score
Buy the clips push and turn and they latch on now if the plastic peices are missing from the inner of the skirt you need a new skirt

I have been looking for this clips too but does anybody know what's the part #? Its the clip on the side body kit.

livinginsa

Reaction score
Those clips are always breaking when I drive fast. Even the plastic pieces the clips go in bust or break. I had all of that replaced in May, and once I drive fast, they bust apart. I went back to the shop, today to see how much it would cost to replace all the parts that broke. I think the wind is too much pressure for those parts. I spend a lot of time in other countries where I drive fast.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I guess thats the silver lining to the clips breaking all the time!!! i rather break clips then the skirts/kit

mr2runner

Reaction score
blue.......75395-35070
orange...75396-35020

there are pink ones as well, but didn't bother with those.
zip ties always works too. just don't hit anything on the side.

Last edited:

micpun

Reaction score
honestly ive replaced probably every single clip and ive done that several times and that includes replacing the brackets that they clip into. it cost an arm and a leg for those stupid clips. Zip ties are definitely the way to go.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
i heard "zip ties"....:eviltongue:

i originally did what Christ denied mentioned, but the the actual tabs broke off too...so i got desperate...:rolleyez:

Reaction score
dude your truck looks like a price fighter after a 12 round against the champ full of stiches :rofl:creative

xrunish

Reaction score
So does anyone have any photos of zip ties sp i see how they got the flush fit

xrunish

Reaction score
still waiting on some photos.. liek i said someone had an incident with a shop where they broke damn near all the clips on the side of the truck and they put zip ties to make it back to normal but the guy was unhappy... for me i would like to do that so these damn clips are just out of my life and im finally somewhat worry free for my trucks body... if anyone remembers or has phootos on how they reinforced the body kit please post them up... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :adore::adore::adore:

uglyduck

Reaction score
Anybody ever try to "weld" the plastic skirts? Mine came w/a small crack on the passenger side front. Also busted two of the pieces that the blue clips slide through. Curb bite?

Top Bottom