Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seriously considering a CTS-V

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
2006nightrider (David) had one of them. I think he was very happy with it.
They are pretty bad cars. If I had the chance I wouldn't say no to driving one.

X-roller

Reaction score
if you do buy it be sure they have the recall done on it... you can only do the recall while it's in warranty... The recall is in relation to the diff... they were basically made out of glass...

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Get it!! Haha, I drove one of those...pretty beast

harjms

Reaction score
That a pretty sweet ride. Wouldn't mind a 4 door if it was this andhad that power. Wonder what mpg is though, didnt really say.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Car is nice, with a fully built motor! Wonder why he selling just after building it??

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Car is nice, with a fully built motor! Wonder why he selling just after building it??

...yeah, that's kind of sketchy IMO. It could be he came on hard times and needs money, or it could be something wrong with the car that showed up and he just wants to unload it. You just never really know with a sale like that.

rich017

Reaction score
...yeah, that's kind of sketchy IMO. It could be he came on hard times and needs money, or it could be something wrong with the car that showed up and he just wants to unload it. You just never really know with a sale like that.

People build their vehicle and park it only to drive it 2 times a year. Makes it a lot more fun.

Fixing to do the same thing with the Lightning. Build the bottom end and throw the truck under a cover while I DD my bone stock 92 Civic.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
People build their vehicle and park it only to drive it 2 times a year. Makes it a lot more fun.

Fixing to do the same thing with the Lightning. Build the bottom end and throw the truck under a cover while I DD my bone stock 92 Civic.

Yes... I find it thoroughly enjoyable looking at a parked car. :stupid:
I can see having a DD and taking the toy out on the weekends, but 2 times a year, I think i'll enjoy my ride a little more often than that.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
if it wasn't silver I'd say jump all over it. I don't know but for some reason silver just makes anything look like a cheap rental car :thumbdown:

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Yes... I find it thoroughly enjoyable looking at a parked car. :stupid:
I can see having a DD and taking the toy out on the weekends, but 2 times a year, I think i'll enjoy my ride a little more often than that.

He's right about the more enjoyable when driven less thing. Sounds funny but it's true. When you drive a higher powered vehicle everyday you become acustomed (is that a word?) to it, you get used to the power and over time it becomes less fun. Now, if you have a lil 4 banger as a DD and then you jump in the toy on occassion, the jump in power and speed makes it a blast.

Put it this way, if you slept with Jessica Alba and only Jessica Alba for 2 years, it'd be awesome and you'd enjoy it right? but if you slept with Rosie Odonnell for a month and THEN jumped on Jessica....wouldn't it seem a lil better??? lol.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I understand what he's saying. My 400+ HP X is my daily, and you are right you get accustomed to the power and "bored", but its still more enjoyable that leaving it parked LOL.
The example of twice a year just wasn't enough for me. I'd enjoy it weekends during the summer and park it during the winter.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
That's a nice looking cts v. It would look even mor bad azz with a splitter and some canards...lol

Top Bottom