Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Service Bulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I just brought my x for rear fender flairs and area in front of it to be painted from stone chips. Toyota has a recall (service bulletin) on all Tacoma's to address this issue. The dealer printed it out and it states all the areas that need rock guard. Rear fender flairs, lower skirt between cab and rear tire and behind the cab towards the bottom are the areas the dealer with apply rock guard. They are repainting the flairs and beside them due to stone chips. I'm hoping they will apply stone guard on the front part of the hood and the inside door sills.

I hope this solves everybody's issue with stone chips

RedXr

Reaction score
Dude! Are you serious?!!! Thats insanely awesome. I need this done bad. I will be contacting them. :rock::rock::rock:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
i will be looking into this also becuase my flares look like crap

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The dealer printed it out and it states all the areas that need rock guard. Rear fender flairs, lower skirt between cab and rear tire and behind the cab towards the bottom are the areas the dealer with apply rock guard.

Whats the TSB # on the paper they gave you?

I just checked there system and there is no new TSB/Recalls been added since November of last year :dontknow:

LEFTY'Z SWB

Reaction score
We will be needing the TSB# or a copy of what they gave you. If you would be so kind sir!:biggrin:

i_ski

Reaction score
I was wondering about that, I just saw a brand new SWB in my area with what looks kind of like black deflectors in front of the rear wheels it look pretty cool.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Too bad I am out of my 3 year 36k.

rich017

Reaction score
YESSSSS! Mine are starting to look like crap. Now we just need that PDF for the service bulletin

trd_sport

Reaction score
If its a recall then that would mean the warranty wouldnt matter. So is it a TSB or a recall?

morcheez

Reaction score
they need to do something...i just had my flares and body kit replaced for the bedside crack tsb and the flares are already chipped...and its only been a month

hrspwr236

Reaction score
what they need to do is acknowledge that they use cheap paint and let all of us get new paint jobs

rich017

Reaction score
what they need to do is acknowledge that they use cheap paint and let all of us get new paint jobs

well the cheap paint is on the RR's. But im sure all of us wouldnt mind getting some fresh paint.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Please keep us updated, 5 months, 13,000 miles and dalmation looking flares are bad!

Tunedx

Reaction score
I don't have the service bulletin. I think if u call toyota or talk to the dealer they should have something.

jmoore120

Reaction score
Be a pal and go back to the stealership and snatch a copy. Scan it and post it here. :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I don't have the service bulletin. I think if u call toyota or talk to the dealer they should have something.

Thats the thing... there is no such TSB/Recall out in the toyo system's that i can find record of..... i would call them and ask them what the name and # of the TSB is. If i can get this info i can dig a little further to see if i can come up with something...

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Thats the thing... there is no such TSB/Recall out in the toyo system's that i can find record of..... i would call them and ask them what the name and # of the TSB is. If i can get this info i can dig a little further to see if i can come up with something...

please do, it would help a lot of us out:top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom