Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shifter broke on me

x-short-r

Reaction score
So, I've had the urd short shifter for 4 years already. The stock shifter broke on me in the middle of the freeway at the point where the urd adapter cups the ball. Kinda scary feeling for a moment. Anyone have had this happened to them? Any recommendations? Anyone parting their TRD quickshifter?

rexrunner

Reaction score
I know of one local who this happened to a while back. Very rare honestly. Go trd honestly

RedX

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I had the URD SS for about 3 and half yrs. Went to put it in reverse and broke the shaft right in the boot. Right at the ball. I was just in a parking spot. I cant imagine it breaking on the freeway. That would be scary. Glad nothing happen. Everyone should be aware of this. Especially people having it 3 yrs plus.

Last edited:

rexrunner

Reaction score
sooo it has happened more?

by creating a shorter shift, it changes the focal point, and creates more resistance for the driver and much less leverage on that (ball socket) so it has to work harder

still shouldnt break though.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Have u spoke to G about this. First I've heard of this. Check with Coupe on a replacement shifter. I have his chopped TRD and I love it.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Have u spoke to G about this. First I've heard of this. Check with Coupe on a replacement shifter. I have his chopped TRD and I love it.

i have it as well and so far the best shifter, i had the b&m before but it was too loud for me..:eviltongue:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I have a URD SS, coupe modded. Love every minute of it.:biggrin:

Still need to work on the 2-3 shift. sometimes i still miss it...:thumpdown:

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I miss my 1-2 shift under a real hard launch, but I can deffinatly feel the clutch not grabbing it like it did when I first had the truck 50k miles ago

Top Bottom