Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shifter feels sloopy

Reaction score
anyone know what it is i shift my gears fine but it feels all loose wen i shirt anyone got an i dea how much it would cost

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
buy a trd shifter, fixs it all:top::top::top::top:

Coopstain

Reaction score
URD Short Shifter, TRD Short Shifter, NST Short Shifter or if you are lucky to find one.... B&M Short Shifter will clear ALL of this up (especially the B&M - but they are sooooo hard to find).

I have the URD and have had it for over a year. No issues - love it. Gets rid of the complete slop of the stock set up.

Reaction score
The shifter bushings may be shot TRD FTW, B&M FTMFW...

There's also a company out there that makes better bushings and I think Coup here is in the works with something to fix the bushings...

Coupe

Reaction score
URD Short Shifter, TRD Short Shifter, NST Short Shifter or if you are lucky to find one.... B&M Short Shifter will clear ALL of this up (especially the B&M - but they are sooooo hard to find).

I have the URD and have had it for over a year. No issues - love it. Gets rid of the complete slop of the stock set up.

You can have a NST, URD or a TRD and still have this problem.

bluuge

Reaction score
bumping an old thread because i cant find the best fix for this. im tired of my shifter being loose at the shift arm.

Coupe, whats the best way to go about this?

rennurx

Reaction score
There's rubber in the shifter to help with noise and vibrations. U can weld the shifter together and have no more slop. Also I used a piece of PVC tube to make a better bushing. Havnt had a single problem and have nice tight shifts..

Coupe

Reaction score
I have a modified shifters on sale for Black Friday.

This ends to day. I have 8 1/2" or 9 1/2" shift arms for $105 (normally $120).

These will work well with your URD SS.

Price includes white tip shift bushing, set screws for your URD SS and shipping to the lower 48 states. You have to send me back your old shifter.

This is the thread.
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=54702

bluuge

Reaction score
There's rubber in the shifter to help with noise and vibrations. U can weld the shifter together and have no more slop. Also I used a piece of PVC tube to make a better bushing. Havnt had a single problem and have nice tight shifts..

damn, i really need to learn how to weld... :thumbdown:

I have a modified shifters on sale for Black Friday.

This ends to day. I have 8 1/2" or 9 1/2" shift arms for $105 (normally $120).

These will work well with your URD SS.

Price includes white tip shift bushing, set screws for your URD SS and shipping to the lower 48 states. You have to send me back your old shifter.

This is the thread.
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=54702

so this will fix the issue with the bushing at the black shifter arm being all loosey goosey?

Coupe

Reaction score
damn, i really need to learn how to weld... :thumbdown:

so this will fix the issue with the bushing at the black shifter arm being all loosey goosey?

Yes. I remove the rubber bushings and use a polyurethane epoxy to bond the shifter together.

justin13703

Reaction score
A coupe shifter is one of the best things you can do to your truck, hands down

Top Bottom