Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Short Shifter

gameXRunner

Reaction score
Im looking at getting a new short shifter for my 2007 X-Runner. Which one is better the TRD or the URD?

Murderface

Reaction score
Well Toyota won't complain if u have a TRD one installed but can cost as much as $350.
URD has a group buy right now, also I believe the throws are shorter then the TRD one.

I have a URD ss and a Coupe modded stock shifter arm and love it.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
go with the urd... its better and cheaper than the trd.... if you have to take it to the dealer you can just return it to stock and they wont have anything to say... installation and uninstallation is super easy.

thebenmack

Reaction score
my dealer told me that as long as you leave the cats on it want void the warranty and thats what they said after they replaced my tranny last week and they put the urd s/s back on so .... waBLAM

the urd would be the better choice

did i mention they replaced the tranny for free. i cant say it enough

PUREVIBEZ

Reaction score
whats this coupe mod i keep hearing about? can someone point me in the right direction to it

TreTuna

Reaction score
Basically the Coupe mod is cutting the top section of the shifter down either 1 1/2" or 2 1/2". Can be done to the TRD or the stock shifter (which is what the URD uses). He sells them for $120 + exchange for your old shifter, and he quoted me another $60 if you want to keep your old shifter...

Here's the link to his sale post http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=35780&highlight=coupe+shifter

And here's the link to his how-to which explains exactly what is done.. http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=31063

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
I have got to feel the URD, TRD, and B&M S/S'ers and to be honest with you they all feel the same (even though i know they are not), the shortened shifts in all of these are so close to eachother you will not notice a difference. But you will notice a difference in play, The B&M has the least amount of play in it. I have the TRD and i like it alot ! Toyota doesn't bother me with warrenty issues and if anything goes wrong they fix it, I don;t think you could ever beat that. If you call some toyota dealers you can find them for $215 thats how much i got mine for ... with install $300 out the door. I think anyway you go your going to be happy, B&M prob going to be the best in throw distances and play, but URD and TRD are both TOP QUALITY !!!

TreTuna

Reaction score
I have got to feel the URD, TRD, and B&M S/S'ers and to be honest with you they all feel the same (even though i know they are not), the shortened shifts in all of these are so close to eachother you will not notice a difference. But you will notice a difference in play, The B&M has the least amount of play in it. I have the TRD and i like it alot ! Toyota doesn't bother me with warrenty issues and if anything goes wrong they fix it, I don;t think you could ever beat that. If you call some toyota dealers you can find them for $215 thats how much i got mine for ... with install $300 out the door. I think anyway you go your going to be happy, B&M prob going to be the best in throw distances and play, but URD and TRD are both TOP QUALITY !!!

But have you felt TRD or URD with Coupe mod?......

TreTuna

Reaction score
Look up to the post just before your first one...

Top Bottom