Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Show off you retros

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
anybody done a retro of something other than the tl's?

We use to have TSX projectors. Then we switched to TL's. Some have FX projectors. We just went with TL's cause they were pretty much the best at the time. Maybe later we will do the S2K projectors. They are NICE! Who knows though. I'm fine with the TL's.

Maybe another set of TL or a set of FX Bixenon with Clear lenses.

They come with clear lenses already. There are a replacement lens, but that's honestly a waste of money since they come with a clear lens.

Last edited:

music_man185

Reaction score
We use to have TSX projectors. Then we switched to TL's. Some have FX projectors. We just went with TL's cause they were pretty much the best at the time. Maybe later we will do the S2K projectors. They are NICE! Who knows though. I'm fine with the TL's.

the light output is great! i'm just not big into that one bulb look. makes me think of terminator. lol. any other retros out there with dual bulbs or something?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
the light output is great! i'm just not big into that one bulb look. makes me think of terminator. lol. any other retros out there with dual bulbs or something?

You want two projectors? If you're doing a retro then you'll only get one. You can add as much projectors as you want in the headlight housing, but there is honestly no space for it, and the wiring would be more complicated. Not saying it can't be done, but it's a hassle. If you want that type of look, better off getting ebay projectors.

music_man185

Reaction score
You want two projectors? If you're doing a retro then you'll only get one. You can add as much projectors as you want in the headlight housing, but there is honestly no space for it, and the wiring would be more complicated. Not saying it can't be done, but it's a hassle. If you want that type of look, better off getting ebay projectors.

thats true. i was thinking more along the lines of something like these. anyone else went that route or something similar?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
thats true. i was thinking more along the lines of something like these. anyone else went that route or something similar?

I can tell you right off the back, no one has done that on their own as a retro. The projectors in those are smaller than the TL's and others. Plus you would have to make a whole new shroud for that. You could buy those ebay headlights like you pictured and see if there is a projector that will fit in it. But you won't have an as effective high beam.

music_man185

Reaction score
yea, i believe he used bmw projectors and didn't use the shrouds. i think the light output from the factory headlights and bulbs are pretty good. i'm looking for something more for cosmetic reasons. i'm sick of my black headlight mod because there is still too much chrome behind the bulb that can't be painted. and as i said before, i dont really like the one bulb look. so as long as whatever i do is as good as or better than the factory light output, i'll be satisfied. :top:. but dont get me wrong, i would love to have the output of those tl's. just with a different look.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
yea, i believe he used bmw projectors and didn't use the shrouds. i think the light output from the factory headlights and bulbs are pretty good. i'm looking for something more for cosmetic reasons. i'm sick of my black headlight mod because there is still too much chrome behind the bulb that can't be painted. and as i said before, i dont really like the one bulb look. so as long as whatever i do is as good as or better than the factory light output, i'll be satisfied. :top:. but dont get me wrong, i would love to have the output of those tl's. just with a different look.
if you want bling and performance well the ls460 are your best bet they have their own shroud and look pretty dope but i think it would look weird in our housings not to mention it cost a lot lol. You can always custom make your shrouds. to me i dont exactly need high beams because when the hell do i even use them lol so i switched from tls for ls430s since its the best low beam projectors out there.

music_man185

Reaction score
i live in the mountains with deer and curvy roads and no street lights. lol. so i need something thats at least as bright as the factory high beams i have now.

with a projector housing the ebay ones, would you even need to use the shroud? sorry for the dumb question....all this hid and retro fit stuff is new to me, so i'm just trying to soak it all in. lol.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Here's mine. TL w/ ZKW replica lenses & LED side marker mod. I'm going to do another set because I'm not completely happy with how these turned out.

DSCN0316.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0313a.jpg

DSCN0299a.jpg

DAMN hitek, I LOVIN that vaccum seal! LOOKS SO CLEAN! awesomeness

dramad1

Reaction score
Babyboi is a vendor here. Check out night vision

Top Bottom