Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Side Mirror problems

Iggy08

Reaction score
When I first got my X (in January, used) the left hand (driver) side mirror was very shaky or wably. Eventually I figured out it was the two screws located under the plastic cover on the underside of the mirror. I tightened them up and placed the little cover back on. Everything was fine for about 2 weeks, and then it was shaky again. When I went to tighten them I found that the plastic cover was missing and so were the 2 screws. I assume the cap and screws fell off while driving, so they're long gone. I tried looking everywhere for this info, but everyone just said the mirror is sold as one piece on other forums :(

My question is, does anyone know the size of these screws because I need 2. I guess by size I mean width, length, and thread? or can anyone measure this for me, I don't have the proper tools to measure that sort of thing.
(if you're gonna measure it for me, first off thank you, second I believe the exposed screw is exactly the same, so avoid messing with the plastic cap and just measure that one for me, thanks again)

Sinned

Reaction score
Why not take the mirror to the hardware store and just start plugging in screws. One you find one that fits right. A little lock tite would fix the screw coming loose

Iggy08

Reaction score
My dad has a crap ton if screws and nails. I ended up replacing both of them for larger ones. If it happens to anyone else I just suggest not to over tighten, I did and they tend to slide out a bit after a couple weeks. I just re tighten them up every now and then, still a little loose but a lot better than before.

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
Same happened to me on passenger side. I went in and tightened it up and about 2 weeks later it was loose. Luckily my bolts and nuts were still on (nut was at the end ready to come off). Used some locktite second time round and been good for 6 months now. It also made a little squeak sound when it was loose so could be a culprit for squeaky sounds fyi...

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Just remember the 3 rules to loctite. Purple-light Blue - medium Red- **** the next guy.

rexrunner

Reaction score
Any 10mm head bolt on our truck is m6x1.5 if threaded

Top Bottom