Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sideview Mirrors

elynor_v

Reaction score
Hey, everybody.

I got a terrible blind spot on my driver's sideview mirror. I'm gonna change 'em up, but I'd like to see some pics if anyone has done this already so I can get some ideas. :idea:

Reaction score
Hello I would try to keep the X as original as possible.... after market mirrors are expensive take a look at Muth: http://www.muthco.com/products/vehicles/?make=Toyota&model=Tacoma&submit=Search

The only reason I would buy these would be for the heat and added safety and coolness of signal in mirror I had it in my Tundras before everybody sees you when you signal for lane change or turn.

Other thing you can get those stick on convex mirrors on the lower or upper part of the mirror that would be the least expensive way to solve the problem GL.

Messenger

Reaction score
Did you try adjusting your side mirrors outwards so that when you're seated comfortably in the middle of your seat, you can't see the sides or rear of your truck. In order to see the sides or rear of your truck, you must move your head left or right about six inches.

This helps out a ton for me. In fact, if a truck is directly side by side with you, you can actually see the rear of that truck in your side mirror! YMMV.

elynor_v

Reaction score
Thanks, SouthernmostXR

The kind of blindspot I have is when I make left turns. I'm kinda short so the mirror itself blocks my view of anything from another vehicle (like at a 4 way stop) or a pedestrian crossing the street. Had a couple of near misses. So, it's either change the mirrors, get a different ride, or sit on a booster seat.
:frown:

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/member.php?u=4289

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Just get one of these
3076245_54206.jpg.axd

or one of these
Five-Panel%20Wink%20Style%20rearview%20mirror%20with%20a%20pnrmc%20view.jpg

Last edited:

Messenger

Reaction score
I understand what you mean now. I've had some near misses, too. The mirror housing is quite large (good for everything rear and side...but not for front and side). The A-pillar is huge, too, and I have vent visors that also somewhat detract from front/side vision.

Do our driver seats adjust slightly upwards? What about something like this?

imageresize.aspx
http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp...pg&Width=450&Height=373&Compression=75&text=Y

elynor_v

Reaction score
I have no problem seeing anything behind me, guys. I'm a little over 5 ft short. I guess you can say that the mirror obstructs my view 'cause I can't really see over it... :frown:

Sheesh...can I just get some pics if anyone has them?? :argh:

Red_Hott

Reaction score
so the problem is not what you see in the mirror..... the problem is the mirror blocks your view from seeing outwards or past the mirror....am i understanding this right?

J

JDUB916

Also try a Broadway Rear view mirror, I was able to see all windows cuz its got a curve to it. I can't use mine in my new G37 I'd u wanna buy it pm me, $10

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Lance's (Skilledbum's) little side view mirrors:

P1030027.jpg

100_0299.jpg

Reaction score
Sorry, Elynor my bad I thought your problem was for looking back..... I think the suggestion by Bsp06 is the answer, Lances motorcycle like mirrors are very small and should do the trick or maybe VW Bug !!!!!!!!!OOO??????? "psych" Girls that drive XRs are very sexy and Kool :top::top::top::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom