Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin Sic Drop!!!

XDsm

Reaction score
So can we purchase just the front coils? I don't need rear drop blocks. How much is it for just the coils?

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Shane, I drive over 150 miles a day, will this drop be too rough for daily driving? Or will I need to keep a container on board for my fillings when they jar loose?

Shanes56

Reaction score
IMHO I believe that you would be fine, like I stated in the overview this is a good combination of both ride and performance. This drop does not seem be be that far off of stock ride until you hit the twisties. you can notice a small difference in the ride being a little stiffer but not by much. So I think that you will be fine.

Shane, I drive over 150 miles a day, will this drop be too rough for daily driving? Or will I need to keep a container on board for my fillings when they jar loose?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score

IMHO I believe that you would be fine, like I stated in the overview this is a good combination of both ride and performance. This drop does not seem be be that far off of stock ride until you hit the twisties. you can notice a small difference in the ride being a little stiffer but not by much. So I think that you will be fine.

:dito: Can't really tell a difference for daily commuting (slightly at some rough spots).
Haven't had a chance to take it to the twisties yet, but for daily city driving, it feel just about the same.

Great product so far! If you're thinking about it... get it!:top:

Here's my thread: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=10368

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
How much should these coils settle and how long should it take em?

See Shane's answer from his other thread (post# 32):

You are correct these coils do settle, you will end up with a true 1.75" drop once they settle. I am sitting with a fender gap of just under 2"

Shanes56

Reaction score
I am sittin exactly at a 2" gap I just measured!

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I still need to give these coils time to settle put them on today and Holly Molly the stiffer spring rate really helps the handling. With the Twisted Creations sway bar bushings and the Sittin Sic Coils I can really tell a HUGE difference in handling. And as you guys know I have posted a couple threads on helping the handling in the past. Well, here it is. Thank you Shane for delivering this product. :top::rock:

Bobby B

Reaction score

the ride quality is great! bumpy roads are a little bumpy that's why they call them bumpy! I wouldn't not get them because of it though. I like them a lot. Also, I'm running the TTR traction bars and the SOS bushing kit and I swear high speed gear slams are less jerky.
Can't wait for my leafs!!!!

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
the ride quality is great! bumpy roads are a little bumpy that's why they call them bumpy! I wouldn't not get them because of it though. I like them a lot. Also, I'm running the TTR traction bars and the SOS bushing kit and I swear high speed gear slams are less jerky.
Can't wait for my leafs!!!!
Bobby, Would you be in agreement that the coils and the sway bar bushings drastically improve the handling? I am very impressed with this combo!! :top:

Jeremias

Reaction score
Is the spring supposed to be loose when it is put back together? Mine is and I was wondering if I did something wrong.:frown:

Shanes56

Reaction score
Is the spring supposed to be loose when it is put back together? Mine is and I was wondering if I did something wrong.:frown:

Once you replace the coil with your stock coils it will sit loose in the coils mount when off the truck (the coil will not be under tension) but the coil should still be seated properly so that it does not spin. once the shock and coil assembly are remounted the coils should not mover or be loose at that point.

garno13

Reaction score
I have a question?

I have oversized tires on 20's and would like to lower the truck , what my question is will the travel be stiffer to prevent the times from rubbuing the underneath of the well? I have 275 45 r 20 falkens I got it this way due to car washes in the northern states rubbing the wheels in emergency situations.

Shanes56

Reaction score
that is the exact tire size I run and I have no issues with rubbing nor have i hear of any other member heaving issues with rubbing. I know of a few that are running 22" and they are not having issues either. David was running 24" and I dont think he was rubbing.

garno13

Reaction score
I was curious because when you look at all guides with the tire height it states the biggest should be 245 40 20 and so mine is just a little bit higher . This would keep the suspension from traveling as far correct? I have hit the back bump stops a few times and rubbed the top of the front fender well and just don't want to trash this beautiful work of art.

xrunish

Reaction score
hmmm... i do want a drop, but im looking for more than just 1.75 and 2 inch... im looking for a whole 3-4 inch drop like the djm but $700 :argh:... maybe if i was higher rank or had a second job i would just buy it but im still a low rank military person and single job probably for awhile... im hoping you guys make a lower drop kit for a better deal, ill be all over it

Top Bottom