Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I called doug thorley months back ans asked about there y and they asked me a few questions. After it was all said and done they basically told me that if i was gonna boost not to get there y. It was more for a N/A deal. I know that the URD and APR Y r boost ready!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sleeves first. Then Y-pipe.

Hey Gadget, I have another spare engine at NST right now. The one that had the scored cylinder walls.

Would be brand new with some sleeves in it. :D LCE will do the work cheaper than Darton East.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
Sleeves first. Then Y-pipe.

Hey Gadget, I have another spare engine at NST right now. The one that had the scored cylinder walls.

Would be brand new with some sleeves in it. :D LCE will do the work cheaper than Darton East.

your truck is absolutly filth, i read you build thread on tw and quite impressive:rockon:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. That is a work in progress. :crinklehair:

FN5.7

Reaction score
phuck G... those guys have really yanked you around. i read this whole thread thinking for certain youd have it done by time i got around to todays date. i had a custom 7 string guitar built by a canadian company called guerilla guitars. he said it would take 6-8 weeks. i got it a year after it was paid for. i ordered yellow and black finish and got orange and black. paid 3k for it too. custom work is a pain in the ass. i regret not getting a refund. you shouldn't accept any of their bull shit. i dont know where they are in location to you but it sounds like they are close. why not just go confront the man behind the green curtain and kick his ass up and down the yellow brick road, then get your "engine" (im applying to pro school at osu next year hopefully) back?

Murderface

Reaction score
You have three Y-pipes to choose from to my knowledge theres the APR y-pipe and theres a doug thorley y-pipe and a URD y-pipe. Heres the link to the URD one. http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Headers-Performance-Y-Pipes/c93_125/p1260518483/URD-Competition-Y-Pipe-for-X-Runner-&-2WD-Tacoma-V6/product_info.html
From what I have gathered it seems that the APR and URD y-pipe are great, but havnt heard that many good things about the dough thorley one, but don't quote me on this...

JBA makes one too but it's identical to the Doug Thorley one

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What specifically are you referring to? The topic of the thread?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can have them installed by LCEngineering for $2200.

Increased cylinder strength. "Closed deck" design, which prevents upper cylinder wobble. Increased heat transfer ability from the cylinders, thus keeping them cooler. Helps prevent "knock".

Bore-able. Repairable. Will handle all of the boost you want to throw at them.

darthyota

Reaction score
You can have them installed by LCEngineering for $2200.

Increased cylinder strength. "Closed deck" design, which prevents upper cylinder wobble. Increased heat transfer ability from the cylinders, thus keeping them cooler. Helps prevent "knock".

Bore-able. Repairable. Will handle all of the boost you want to throw at them.

even 100lbs? :ahhhhh::burnout2::burnout:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha. The SLEEVES will.......no so confident about the resto of the block...lol

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
okay so if i were to boost say urd stageII would it be a good idea to do this first??

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That depends really. If I had the chance to start from scratch, I would. I would take the time to have the block sleeved first. Then because they would be sleeved first, i could choose to have them over bored, to my discretion. Then get the pistons to fit the larger bore, and have upwards of a 4.3 litre 1gr, instead of the 4.0.

Since i already have good pistons, i have no current need to buy another set. Maybe sometime down the line.

But the way I mentioned prevents you from having to do things twice. Plus you are damn near bullet proof.

Cheaper, would be just to install rods and pistons, and call it a day. I would have LCE do that as well. :top:

madtrucker

Reaction score
I read this whole thread expecting to see some super cool built Motor? Engine? I forgot. At the end here. So where is it?

FN5.7

Reaction score
i know i was bummed too. i believe its still at apr.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a really cool picture though!!!! :D

Alas, Mine will be finished prior to his. And his started loooooooooong before mine. :(

One day he will have his, and it will be the baddest built Rotrex charged 1GR there is. :adore:

Top Bottom