Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snakebite

justin13703

Reaction score
From what I heard the heat it creates offsets most of the power gains. Could be wrong though but I also believe it blew a motor or two lol

trd_sport

Reaction score
Yeah I'm worried about heat, but for the couple who did it did they run a smaller pulley on top of it?

What is it? I'm lost
Regear the nose drive of the supercharger. Spins faster some concept of smaller pulley or larger crank pulley.

Reason I'm asking is because I have 100k on the blower

Last edited:

X-FREAK

Reaction score
who offers different gears for the charger or does it interchange with some others? I forgot who exactly makes the trd but I'm assuming its possible just curious as to who offers it and where to get it?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Whitebeauty is probably the best to talk to....

But from what I gather then issue becomes 2 fold, 1) too much heat is generated and 2) it spins the rotors too fast in which a couple of cases they chattered together and broke causing failure...

Mark did the lightweight rotors and venom cooler... I would side with cooling the nose drive is proirty número uno

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Yeah I'm worried about heat, but for the couple who did it did they run a smaller pulley on top of it?

Regear the nose drive of the supercharger. Spins faster some concept of smaller pulley or larger crank pulley.

Reason I'm asking is because I have 100k on the blower

Well I will say this.... Not sure at your speed goals but this was my mindset when I rebuilt the TRD blower. I wanted the most I can get out of it. Now I'm running 2.6 and NST lower. When that was calculated I was advised that that was fast enough spin on the blower. If I was in your shoes I would go ahead and do the same mods I did to mine to keep it nice and effiecent n cool. Stay awayfrom the snake bite just put in a smaller gear and do the LWR, venom cooler, and maybe some porting if u want. Heck send them your TB and have them bore it out a bit n butterfly cut I believe is what it's called the throttle plate. Also get rid of the coupler. When we were doing Miami_X oil cooler I couldn't believe how sloppy the engagement paw is.. horrible. Send it in to Stiegemier and have them go to town on it... When u get it back u will be super stoked on how quik the rotors spin cause of the reduced mass and how fast they engage cuz of the direct drive coupler...

X-FREAK

Reaction score
WhiteBeauty what is the LWR you speak of? And more info on the venom cooler please. I'm about to do a NST overdrive on top of my 2.7 pulley and was looking at what else I should do for cooling

NVM I found em light weight rotors, *facepalm*

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
WhiteBeauty what is the LWR you speak of? And more info on the venom cooler please. I'm about to do a NST overdrive on top of my 2.7 pulley and was looking at what else I should do for cooling

NVM I found em light weight rotors, *facepalm*

Do u have tuning capabilities? Also if u want to aid in cooling I'm sure a little water wetter and an E-fan on your TRD external water cooler would help. I'm running the same setup except I use water and water wetter.

darthyota

Reaction score
if i was going to do a snakebite blower i would have steigmier gear it so it put out the same boost as a 2.55" pulley while running a slightly larger then stock pulley to help prevent belt slip. i would also port & polish the blower port match it for a tundra 76mm throttle body. in addition or the lwr and the venom cooler mods

TRON

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the venom cooler on the trd blower?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What once was, had been forgotten. And now is back again.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

Yeah it's a flow u know... Just like every other topic on here just about... But hey it's all good that's what we r here for right. To help each other out

trd_sport

Reaction score
if i was going to do a snakebite blower i would have steigmier gear it so it put out the same boost as a 2.55" pulley while running a slightly larger then stock pulley to help prevent belt slip. i would also port & polish the blower port match it for a tundra 76mm throttle body. in addition or the lwr and the venom cooler mods
I was thinking something along this route.

Whitebeauty, does the venom cooler work as advertised?

I could have searched or better yet called steig and had all my answers. But then I would still have posted this thread lol.

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Haven't checked for myself but tell u what go ahead n just let it idle till it warms up. So basically if u have a means of telling coolant temp till it gets to 190 n shoot the snout, and it would have to be a point we both do it at the same place, with a laser thermometer n post it up n we can show everyone if it does or doesnt.

There is a comparison video on Stiegemier website.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WTF is that black cloud?!?!?!?!??!

Top Bottom