Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So 255-45-18's....what brand are you running

Nick_c

Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to get a set of tires.... What brands have you guys ran or currently running and how many miles per set.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I had the Michelin Pilot A/S for 2 years and was not impress for the price you have to pay the tires. Got a set of Hankook V12 last fall. What a difference in traction. How long will they last? It all depends on how you drive. Check tire discount or tire rack for deals.

dramad1

Reaction score
If you just go to a tire shop as a walk in they will most likely recommend kuhmo esta, they have two kinds, all season and sport. They are okay for normal driving but for the price you can get the hankooks v12's witch are highly recommended and tested by our resident drifter Sdxrunner. The kuhmos suck for aggressive driving and wet weather. Another tire in the same price range are the BFg kdw2's. my next set will be either the v12's or the kdw's. not sure on the life of either for daily and aggressive driving. Just a few options. If possible I would avoid the kuhmos and opt for the better tire as they are almost the same price, maybe $10 difference per tire.

easts1d3

Reaction score
Nitto nt555

I beat on them hard and I have tons of tread left. There is probably 7,000 miles on them now have tons of traction.
The only issue i have is when I was doing donuts it ate the edge of the tire up pretty bad but I checked the tire pressure and I was sitting at 25psi so that was probably the reason why it happened

triumphx

Reaction score
Check eBay before you buy anywhere else, discount tire direct wanted 750 for good year eagle f1's in 285/40/18. Got them on eBay for 460 shipped...now just waiting for them

Workman3886

Reaction score
I went with the BF Goodrich kdw2 tires, I know they don't last as long as some of the others but the grip is insane, and they hook like a monster off the line. My next set will probably be v12's, they're a good tire for wear and grip.

Should have mentioned I don't have the stock rims anymore, but both tires are made in that size I believe, but I may be wrong.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Best bet...price match at Discount Tire. Go online and find a cheap price on the tire you want, and go to Discount Tire and price match it. They'll add $10 per tire for shipping, but you'll save a lot of $. Got all my INVO's ordered and installed for under $800, about 2 years ago.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i just ordered these falken fk 452's from discount tire. free shipping to canada. just had to pay $160 tarriff fee to cross the border. i initially ordered the nitto nt 555 extremes but they were'nt able to ship that tire to canada because someone else had the shipping rights or something like that :dontknow: anyways these tires were more expensive at my local kaltire than the nitto nt 555's and they have a nice aggressive tread so i hope they work well for me. not sure if anyone on xru has used them before

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...nter=1&ar=45&rd=18&vid=009985&sw=false&cs=255

hiflyer

Reaction score
That's what I'm running, it's a good tire man, grip is a beast, only downfall I've noticed is the slight bit more road noise

Adding my vote for the KDW's

Awesome traction. Awesome in the rain. On my second/third set :)

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
thats a really good tire too, my dad is running those on his g37 grips excellent and looks nice

Nick_c

Reaction score
I think I'm going with the kdw I had a set on my civic for three years and they were awesome.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
well i got the same tires you orderd....but in the size of 255/40zr19.......there ok...as long as alignment is good...but with extra power of the S/C or turbo...you can forget traction...at least in the power i have...i loose traction easy, i need more of the drag radials to get a good traction!

Rob

i just ordered these falken fk 452's from discount tire. free shipping to canada. just had to pay $160 tarriff fee to cross the border. i initially ordered the nitto nt 555 extremes but they were'nt able to ship that tire to canada because someone else had the shipping rights or something like that :dontknow: anyways these tires were more expensive at my local kaltire than the nitto nt 555's and they have a nice aggressive tread so i hope they work well for me. not sure if anyone on xru has used them before

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...nter=1&ar=45&rd=18&vid=009985&sw=false&cs=255

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
well i got the same tires you orderd....but in the size of 255/40zr19.......there ok...as long as alignment is good...but with extra power of the S/C or turbo...you can forget traction...at least in the power i have...i loose traction easy, i need more of the drag radials to get a good traction!

Rob

haha well i don't expect to hook off the line without drag radials either. with my winters on dry pavement going slightly down hill i burned rubber throughout my entire 1st and 2nd gear.....and i'm probably only sitting at about 4 to 5 psi :laugh: these will be for daily driving so i'm hoping for a smooth ride and good life! haha and they have to be better than the Triangle Talon tires i had before ($70 per tire online.....)

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
haha well i don't expect to hook off the line without drag radials either. with my winters on dry pavement going slightly down hill i burned rubber throughout my entire 1st and 2nd gear.....and i'm probably only sitting at about 4 to 5 psi :laugh: these will be for daily driving so i'm hoping for a smooth ride and good life! haha and they have to be better than the Triangle Talon tires i had before ($70 per tire online.....)

Don't expect any great things out of those tires. They were the worst tires I have ever had. Absolutely no traction and that was when I was N/A then. Needless to say it made sliding around very easy and the tires lasted 10K KMs.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Don't expect any great things out of those tires. They were the worst tires I have ever had. Absolutely no traction and that was when I was N/A then. Needless to say it made sliding around very easy and the tires lasted 10K KMs.

haha well its a good thing they were cheap. i was gonna get the hankook v12's but shipped to canada was over $1000 from tirerack. than i checked discounttiredirect and the nitto 555 extremes were under $1000 shipped to canada so i picked those....got a call the next day saying they can't ship nittos to canada so i just got the falkens which were $2 per tire cheaper

madtrucker

Reaction score
I got my truck w/ Yokohama Avid Envigor's on it, they are quiet and grippy. Don't know how they wear yet, but they are taking a beating.

Top Bottom