Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SooRunner's Project...Enjoy!

SooRunner

Reaction score
Another mod I just added...Like my URD exhaust is not loud enough so I added the "HELLA" horn.

Also I had the V1 with blendmount for a while now.

Attachments

• Hella.JPG
    Hella.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 143
  • V1.JPG
    V1.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 163

Murderface

Reaction score
Damn Ben the X is looking good bro! First time for me seeing the wider wheels, u nailed the offset on them:adore: Looks like when/if I ever get rims I'll be going with the exact size/width and offset.
Great job bro:top:

Ever get a wideband yet? Also don't feel bad about the data logs not getting read, I was asked by a certain someone to send my data logs to him so he could make sure everything looked good with me running E85.....I sent him 3 different emails and I was ignored all 3 times:thumpdown:. Good thing I've bought all that company has to offer as far as boost related because I'd never do business with them again which would hurt the middle man also. I'm not talkin bout gadget or URD also but APR

SooRunner

Reaction score
Thanks ChristDenied...sorta pissed though cuz the first week I put on these wide set, I curbed both wheel driver side....I was like F! It just couldn't be my old set I still have sitting in the garage. SOB! I touched it up with black touch up paint...can't tell from a distant though. That's what happen when you drive home tired...lucky I didn't flip the truck...when I felt my wheels rubbed against something my instant reaction was to pull right...I was hoping it was 1 wheel but it ended up being both. FML X 294484543 = ME!

I don't wanna buy another set off Varrsteon then I will be sitting on 3 sets...LOL! FML!

I haven't bought a wideband yet. I'm hoping Gadget will be in Los Angelas are this weekend cuz I might drive my truck down there and hang out for the weekend. I gotta give him a ring.

I wanna buy the Y Pipe also but I asked my bro what is a good aftermarket cataylic converter and he said none. He used to own a muffler shop and he said the customer always come back a year later for the cat cuz they can't pass smog. I need a cat in this state cuz highway patrol check for it and it is not worth getting my truck impounded or smashed into garbage and they will do it.

Right now I might buy a oil cooler. I'll probably buy the wideband when I get the Y pipe. I know my smog is coming up probably next year...so I might do the Y pipe and swap back to stock Y when smog is due.

P.S with a staggered setup, I would highly recommend it with the amount of power I'm putting out especially if your boosted. I feel confident hanging a turn and the wheels will wanna stick to the pavement than to give out.

Now I know why Porsche, Corvettes, etc. use wider tires in the rear.

Murderface

Reaction score
Wow that's not very smart driving around with that much boost and no wideband! The Guardian mode can only do so much to help with a lean condition but it may not kick in till it's too late.

So are the smog tests more strict in Cali then they are anywhere else? I know I never had a problem passing with my Magnaflow hi flow cat on my 99 Dakota R/T. Do u have any bungs welded in ur collectors on ur long tubes at all?

SooRunner

Reaction score
I believe Cali is the strictest place you can live for smog. We have a dyno roller for smog. The vehicle goes on a roller and the test is from there. I think 15mph roll then 25mph roll test with OBD II port hooked up to it also.

No welded in bung on my DTLT. I should of done it before I put it on. I wasn't thinking at the time. Stupid me. I don't wanna remove the headers to weld in a bung...so much of a headache...But I will get the Y pipe very soon though...maybe when I drive down to LA so G can see what is wrong with my cruising speed hiccup, I'll probably pick up the Y pipe. I hope he will be there.

Is your A/F ratio safe with the supplied map G sent you? Or you running E85 now?

DID URD MOVE to the east coast now? I thought he was located somewhere in Los Angeles area?

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya my A/F's are fine with running E85, Gadget ended up looking at my data log since the OP didn't want to. He did notice fuel was being pulled somewhere in the run and saw my MAF was showing really high g/s like those seen with the MKII kit and someone's cammed and ported heads with the TRD blower. Seems to run good and I'm keeping my eye on my MAF sensor in case there's something wrong with it.

When Gadget bought out his URD partners he moved everything to his home in Maryland so no more URD in California.

bspsurf

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, whats the cost of those rims?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Vibrant and Magnaflow both make catalytic converters. I believe each has two types. I know that Vibrant Performance has two: Ceramic core, and metal core. We put the ceramic core on Britt's truck. Every now and then, she will get a CEL. More so on a cold day start. I was told, that the ceramic cores take a little more time to catalize, than the metal core. Thus the check engine light. When i do my setup, it will be a removable metal core.$150 for a 3" cat from them. From Magnaflow, I paid $90 each for her set. Spun catalytic converters 2.25" in/out.

Also, I hate you for getting those horns before me. :p. Looks good bro. :top:

Last edited:

SooRunner

Reaction score
Horn is some what visible in my bottom grill craft mx....will post up pics when I get a chance.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Your lack of a CARB plate/EO # on your DTLT, will get your truck Reffed, with or with out a CAT...not impounded/crushed...if you are caught street racing, AND you have illegal mods, then you hit the crusher...:top: Other wise, (with non illegal mods) its a maximum 30 days in impound and few nights in the slammer, MAX.

Unless Bay area is different than the CA state law...:hmmmm2:

Best thing is if you want to avoid getting hassled, avoid any bright pulleys/parts. keep it all looking flat black and clean, and most cops will think its factory(think common misconception that all XR's are S/C, stock ;))... I've seen it happen. Most of those dip-shits are taught to look for cone filters, brightly colored parts, headers and vent to atmosphere PCV lines. I have my front cats hollowed out, but just looking at them, you would think stock. The best part is when they make shit up to try and bust you, and you call them out on it...:stupid:

I have tons of buddies who have been reffed for having JDM engines, CAI, headers, exhaust, lack of cats and not a single one has hit the crusher... they where caught in BS "emmision" check points or pulled over for "noise level" or any other excuse a CHP officer can think of...If your USDM, you will rarely be hassled...regardless of modifications. Trucks are even less likely, they usually look for off road trucks w/out mudflaps, excessive window tint, and tires that stick out 1" past the fender...See also, Bro-Dozers..:laugh:

"Street racing", though...kiss her goodnight... (FYI, "street racing" includes, off roading with two or more vehicles, in a non-off road approved park, any kind of multi-vehicle show of power, think burnouts or tire squeal)

I've had my fare share of run ins with Johnny law...

Oh and bad ass truck BTW!!!!!!!:rock:

you were my motivation to boost with high miles, (137k, MRK1, 75mm)

Last edited:

SooRunner

Reaction score
where did you get your wheels bro?

http://varrstoen.com

P.S...I have an extra set I'm trying to get rid of...pm if interested.

SDX, Yea I got hit with the reffed twice with my turbo miata. passed the sniffer and ticket got signed off...so BOO to you occifer doNUT! I know what you mean! Cali can be a nation of its own with all these retarded law. Trust me there is a ticket for everything.

Murderface

Reaction score
I know what you mean! Cali can be a nation of its own with all these retarded law. Trust me there is a ticket for everything.

Ya but u guys have medical marijauna:rock: New Jersey will soon have it as it's already been voted in. My sister has MS and is waiting to get her goodies:stoned::stoned:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Ya but u guys have medical marijauna:rock: New Jersey will soon have it as it's already been voted in. My sister has MS and is waiting to get her goodies:stoned::stoned:

Ain't worth it. I use to smoke...never got anything done... started spending my mod money on nugs, that when i knew i needed to stop...:thumpdown: But for people who actually use/need medical MJ for what its originally intended for, i agree 100%. Its too easy to get a Medical card for any BS you can make up, and its simply being abused.

Gotta get your priorities straight IMHO.

I'd trade no CARB laws for medical MJ, any ****ing day of the week. :top:

Back onto SR's build.... How many miles you have now?

Murderface

Reaction score
That's because u didn't know how to properly use it, it's not a good idea to be smoking that shit everyday

SooRunner

Reaction score
Smoke tires not drugs, LOL!.

If your asking me how many miles I have on my truck now...I think I just broke 150K. ;)

SooRunner

Reaction score
Here is my "HELLA" loud horn installed on my truck...kinda hard to see but it is there!

Like my URD is not loud enough....:rockon:

ChristDenied-Yes 150k and still running strong! Come on its a Toyota not a ___________! (Insert vehicle type in the blank)

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Horn.jpg
    Horn.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Top Bottom