Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spare tire stolen

Bigdawg

Reaction score
Have any of you had or heard of your spare tire being stolen? Mine was stolen sometime in the last month. I took my XR in to have the tires rotated and my spare was missing. $416.00 for a wheel at the Stealership!!!!! Plus the tire!!!! This just pisses me off!!!!

Bigdawg

Reaction score
It was missing when I got there. I watched them the whole time. I've been going there for 15 years.

Vince77

Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Thats pricey for one friggin wheel. Almost worth it to buy a new set of after markets.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
That sucks! I have heard of this but not on the XR. Not too many people besides us can benefit from that tire/rim combo. I would hate to think it was another XR owner that did it.

blazinx

Reaction score
damn that sux and some of the other toyotas can use our wheels buts thats shizty of someone

NightWing

Reaction score
Bro that sucks. Doesnt it have a chain/lock around it? Mine does

05 X-R

Reaction score
Bro that sucks. Doesnt it have a chain/lock around it? Mine does
Not from the factory. What I suggest is getting one of those cable locks for bikes. They have the rubber around the cable, that way it doesnt damage the wheel.

quicky06

Reaction score
honesty if they want ur wheel theyll get it. its a big problem in chicago. They just use a cordless dremel and it takes 15 seconds to cut through ur lock and cable.

personaly i would throw a stealie up there instead of a stocker. save some money where u can

morcheez

Reaction score
just look on ebay or ask around on here ...a cheaper deal will come up...i sold all 4 of my stockers with tires for 500

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Not from the factory. What I suggest is getting one of those cable locks for bikes. They have the rubber around the cable, that way it doesnt damage the wheel.

yeah, if you get a replacement, do that. that was one of the first things i did when i bought my xr. bought a 10 dollar bike lock and put that sucker on my spare and around the x-brace. the key just sits in the cab in a special place so no one can find it but me.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
get a motorcycle cable over a bike lock. They cost more but there way thicker aka harder to cut in a hurry.

wleldred

Reaction score
You didn't notice a low tire pressure light on? I'm pretty sure it monitors the spare. ???

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your spare getting stolen. I bought a spare tire lock when I bought my truck in 05. When I heard how much a stock rim cost I ordered a $35.00 lock. It's a thick lock. so far I still have my spare.

HiTek21

Reaction score
I have the Toyota Spare Tire lock, I wonder if that is good enough. It just prevents people from being able to turn that crank. Now I'm worried someone will cut the cable.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I have the Toyota Spare Tire lock, I wonder if that is good enough. It just prevents people from being able to turn that crank. Now I'm worried someone will cut the cable.
I bought the cable lock for spares that's about 1/2" thick in diameter that goes around the spare and frame.

Top Bottom