Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spark plugs.. which ones to get?

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
Im looking to buy new spark plugs.. i bought my truck from the dealership at 55k and now im at 60k.. not too sure if the used dealership did a full tuneup before selling it plus im going on a cross country trip...

does anyone know which denso s.p to get from urd?

also, what do you guys use? and what do you guys usually maintain before a long drive?

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
I just changed the plugs in my X. The denso plugs are IKH20 or PN 5344

Workman3886

Reaction score
If you have two different types of plugs, one type on each side, it hasn't been changed, I did mine at 35k and they were burnt..

Gadget

Reaction score
Im looking to buy new spark plugs.. i bought my truck from the dealership at 55k and now im at 60k.. not too sure if the used dealership did a full tuneup before selling it plus im going on a cross country trip...

does anyone know which denso s.p to get from urd?

also, what do you guys use? and what do you guys usually maintain before a long drive?

If you are still N/A these are the best plugs for you:

http://www.urdusa.com/More-Products...t_info.html?osCsid=c9dg89bbjao84g0m8flbgptal3

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I'm at 108k and I've never changed mine. Bought it with 40k on it... I reckon I ought to get around to that.

justin13703

Reaction score
I'm at 108k and I've never changed mine. Bought it with 40k on it... I reckon I ought to get around to that.

Yeah you should definitely change them. And while you're at it get a new fuel pump with the external filter, I changed mine at 38k and the crap that came out of it looked like sharpie ink...

Can XR

Reaction score
I should get around to doing mine at some point.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Man that's two great finds for you! I was going to order them from my dealer to get em asap but they couldn't find the p/n....

I'm a order em now :top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Man that's two great finds for you! I was going to order them from my dealer to get em asap but they couldn't find the p/n....

I'm a order em now :top:

Lol..left hook, right hook, bam boom. Lookin out for the Xru Fam bro.

OVRW8

Reaction score
if you pay toyota to install supercharger, does that include new spark plugs? if not should you go ahead and buy them so they can change them while already in there

jtnyc

Reaction score
Yeah you should definitely change them. And while you're at it get a new fuel pump with the external filter, I changed mine at 38k and the crap that came out of it looked like sharpie ink...

Do you have the part number of the new fuel pump w/ the external filter? approximate cost? How hard is it to DIY?

thanks

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score

justin13703

Reaction score
Do you have the part number of the new fuel pump w/ the external filter? approximate cost? How hard is it to DIY?

thanks

Yeah I got mine from URD. I think it was around 150. I've never done one before, or ever dropped a gas tank. I got it done by myself in a few hours, the instructions are good and it makes it a pretty easy job if you have some basic knowledge and tools.

Murderface

Reaction score
U will need a dremel with a cutoff wheel to put the little cuts in the bucket to pass the stainless bands thru that hold the new pump in the bucket. I did mine in my driveway with just the ass end on jack stands. Dropped the tank in the front which left plenty of room. Just used a low pro floor jack with a piece of plywood ratchet strapped to the tank to lower it.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
if you pay toyota to install supercharger, does that include new spark plugs? if not should you go ahead and buy them so they can change them while already in there

If you bought the supercharger kit, it will come with Iridium Sparkplugs and Toyota should install them for you no problem ! That's if it's a TRD supercharger though

Top Bottom