Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPEC 3+ Clutch for sale

melon16

Reaction score
Had this puppy in my 08 Tacoma 6spd for a transmission....err I mean about 3 months. Got fed up with the truck (80K km and 3 warrantied trannies) so had Toyota put my stocker back in when the warrantied the last trans and then sold the truck.

The guys at NST tell me that after 10oookm the clutch looks good.

"Chris,

I looked at the pictures you linked me to.

I must say that everything looks very good actually. Appears to be nicely broken-in and the wear-pattern is very consistent. I agree that you haven’t really abused anything either because abuse would show up as gouges or grooves in the flywheel and/or pressure plate; there are none. The patterns of rub marks and wear on the pressure plate and flywheel are exactly what we look for as proper break-in of a clutch. Uneven wear, single hot spots, or burn marks would throw up a red flag, but I don’t see any signs of those issues in your pictures. In fact, based on my experience, I wouldn’t hesitate to re-use the clutch as long as the thickness of the lining is still sufficient (somewhere between .340 and .350 inches). If it was driving smooth and holding the power, then you’re good to go.

From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the clutch and it is not in need of replacement or warranty.

Thanks and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at SPEC Clutches and flywheels.

Regards,

Matt
Mechanical Engineer
SPEC, Inc.
(800) 828-4379"

Here's the pics:

specclutch008.jpg

specclutch006.jpg

specclutch007.jpg

I have the full setup still--Pressure plate, Friction Disk & Throwout. All in great shape.

:canada: shoot me an offer its just sitting in the garage. :canada:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey man long time .... $100 picked up :biggrin:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Def a good clutch. Luv mine. GL on the sale

melon16

Reaction score
Thx Ketchup. I really REALLY REALLY miss my taco.

EVEN WITH OVER 500hp at the rear wheels and close to 900ft/lbs lol.

and seeing as NST still wants 800 plus tax and shipping, I would want a little bit more than 100 hot taco lol!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright man thought I would try good luck with the sale man, if by fluke you change your mind hit me up!

Bump to a fellow Canuck!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Could swing by tomorrow and make it real easy....

melon16

Reaction score
STILL.

if you wanna swing by my place and email transfer me 350 i'd prolly take it haha. im not down south but the clutch is.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I was more thinking at the 2 hun mark, any more and I would just get a new comp cluch from urd.....

That I can email transfer to ya right now.... And by south it's k town right(kitchener?)

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
225 I will pick it up tomorrow am, you don't have to ship it or even leave your house...

melon16

Reaction score
$250 email transfer and its yours.....I paid over $800 remember!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Its used and questionable, I know you contacted spec about it but it's still questionable plus I'll be driving to go get it....

$200 was where I felt combfortable $225 is my max bro sorry. Like I said though I can email that to ya now and it can be put to bed by tomorrow...

Are all the parts in one box or scattered?

melon16

Reaction score
its all together. its not questionable at all. the only reason i pulled it was because toyota swapped another trans in and i put the stock clutch in and sold the truck.

225 and a case of MGD lol.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
They will freeze man!!! Lol but if that's what it'll take to get this done I'll leave a 6 box of mgd. Hit me up with a pm where I gotta go and how I can get it without making it look like a b n e haha

melon16

Reaction score
haha. send me 235 tonight and we'll forget the beers.

Top Bottom