Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spec U Headers Installed...need more power

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I'm also having this issue. Is there any updates?

Im currently running no flex joint,yes i put those brackets back on lolol and id say it took care of the resonance in the cab,really enjoying them now at wot

jimx

Reaction score
I guess I'm gonna have to take my headers off and put it up for sale. I love the power but hate the resonance sound. It is so annoying people ask if my exhaust homemade.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I guess I'm gonna have to take my headers off and put it up for sale. I love the power but hate the resonance sound. It is so annoying people ask if my exhaust homemade.

Why take your headers off?,just replace the flex joint and go from there

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score

Your mods list says JBA shorties....is the mod list up to date or are those the headers you're talking about?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I am no longer running a flex joint but still am getting some sort of nasty sound. Almost like my exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side is not lining up properly. I have new manifold gaskets. I pulled the passenger side off today because I felt like it was on the wrong way because there is a tab that is supposed to go towards the front on the passenger side and it was towards the rear. So I switched it so its proper now and it still makes that damn sound. I think tomorrow morning I'm going to remove the passenger header again and reuse the stock gasket and see if that fixes it because I'm not happy at all but I know there are other guys who have the full system with no issue. So my thought is it must be something other than the system. I'll report back tomorrow and see if I get it fixed the only other thing I could think is that it may be the passenger header vibrating against the strut tower because it's a very small gap like less than a 1/4". So I'll report back tomorrow and hopefully will be good news from me so everyone cross your fingers I really need a win because I can't handle the sound at the moment.

jimx

Reaction score
Installed the jba headers back on and the noise is gone.:hmmmm2:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Too much hassle.

Sorry forgot to update. I have full urd spec- u exhaust and headers.

It would not cost much just to go to carquest or local shop get a 3inch pipe and two exhaust clamps and bolt it on

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I am no longer running a flex joint but still am getting some sort of nasty sound. Almost like my exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side is not lining up properly. I have new manifold gaskets. I pulled the passenger side off today because I felt like it was on the wrong way because there is a tab that is supposed to go towards the front on the passenger side and it was towards the rear. So I switched it so its proper now and it still makes that damn sound. I think tomorrow morning I'm going to remove the passenger header again and reuse the stock gasket and see if that fixes it because I'm not happy at all but I know there are other guys who have the full system with no issue. So my thought is it must be something other than the system. I'll report back tomorrow and see if I get it fixed the only other thing I could think is that it may be the passenger header vibrating against the strut tower because it's a very small gap like less than a 1/4". So I'll report back tomorrow and hopefully will be good news from me so everyone cross your fingers I really need a win because I can't handle the sound at the moment.

It is going to resonate more than a set of jba or doug thorley because its equal length,i have the same noise coming from the passenger side,making me recheck the bolts 5 times allready lol,but im just use to it now,i like my system now

x-runner kid

Reaction score
See the resonance is really bad. It doesn't sound ok. It's like something is not lining up correctly. And it's not just at 2200 rpm. It's anytime I push the throttle more than 50%. I feel like if it was this bad during R&D URD wouldn't not be ok with it. Pretty sure if G's headers made the sound mine are he would of used thicker walled tubing or changed something.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Well tried everything still has what everyone is calling a resonance on the passenger side. Not sure if it will go away with time or what but I'm not very happy that it's there because I have ocd bad and it's killing me but I'll just live with it for now. Not sure why it's only coming from the passenger side. My best guess is that it may be vibrating against the strut tower on the passenger side because it's very close to it. I got a couple videos and it's not letting me upload them so I will try to load them on YouTube.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Here is the YouTube link to one of my videos you can hear the sound the entire time but very faint on the video. When I get on it a little bit the second time that's when you can here it better. Think it's around the 13-14sec mark.
http://youtu.be/RJOf6PbcpuI

Gadget

Reaction score
Hard to tell what you are talking about, but sounds like the pulses merging in the Y to me. The exhaust note is awesome though.

Did you remove the flex section?

Gadget

Reaction score
The system is not droning. What he is hearing is the pulses coming through the walls of the pipes. This is why Toyota double walls the Y pipe and manifolds.

G

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Hard to tell what you are talking about, but sounds like the pulses merging in the Y to me. The exhaust note is awesome though.

Did you remove the flex section?

I did remove the flex section. I like it without the flex section. The exhaust note is awesome and I'll try to get some better videos with my go pro another day. I will post the link for a few other sound clips but it's hard to tell without the engine under load. I just wonder if I have a bracket that vibrating or something. It's pretty noticeable above 2500 rpm and it even can be heard without it under throttle. I'm just lost because it's not a sound I hear from any other clips I have heard and no one else posts sound clips of the full exhaust except gadget and I don't hear it in his. But his motor is stroked and bored.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
The system is not droning. What he is hearing is the pulses coming through the walls of the pipes. This is why Toyota double walls the Y pipe and manifolds.

G

Why am I only hearing it on the passenger side and not the drivers side G?

Top Bottom