Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sputter Problem

kblozano

Reaction score
So a little while ago i posted on here about a p0430 and p0420 cat deficiency codes, i mentions a sputtering problem and the best solution i got was to gut the cats and to get an 02 sim.

well thats done...the cats are clear and no more codes but the sputter problem remains...its only at idle and doesnt always happen but it is pretty frequent

ill be sitting at a light and itll do a split second sputter but it will do it over and over again over the course of my idle, but as soon as i take of its smooth as eggs.

could this be the spark plugs? or would it more likely be the injectors? or if you have another idea im happy to hear it

rich017

Reaction score
I am thinking plugs.

How many miles and ever had the plugs changed?

kblozano

Reaction score
its at 76000 miles and i have no idea as to the last time they were changed..I guess thats gonna be on my to-do list for this week, although studying for my Tactical computer networking operations test is a major PITA!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I'd do plugs and clean the maf sensor. Then unplug the battery to reset the ECU.
I'd say its something with the o2 sensor and maf error. Do you have a scan gauge to check out what the fuel trims look like when you're having the sputtering issue?

rexrunner

Reaction score
U need to see what your voltages are on your two front o2 sensors and what your flowing through your maf. Plugs are cheal and good to do for maintenance anyways

kblozano

Reaction score
okay thanks! im sure there is a write up on how to clean the maf sensor..ill check it out

rexrunner

Reaction score
Get maf/electric cleaner from yiur auto parts. Remove maf obv with truck off lol, spray it down with not too much pressurr. Let dry and get back to life..

Top Bottom