Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squeak...Im about to go insane

GrundleBear

Reaction score
For the past few weeks a squeak has developed somwhere on the truck. I cant figure out where its coming from. I have noticed the following....
It seems to only be real noticeable when the engine is cold...after driving for 15 minutes it seems to go away although sometimes you can still hear it.
It only squeaks when you apply the gas. Once I remove my foot from the pedal it stops. Its driving me crazy and maybe some of you can help me narrow it down. It seems to me like its coming from the passenger side rear but I could be wrong.
also, it does it while in reverse as well

lamecargo

Reaction score
did you install your SOS drop yourself?....because i had a problem the first time i put blocks on i didnt tighten the u bolts up enoguh and i was getting a bad squeak when accelerating. and after a while my blocks we destroyed

Coupe

Reaction score
This is wild idea, but it did happen to me.

I was hard wiring my radar detector and I did not clip my sun visor back into position. It was "almost" clipped in its holder. It squeaked like crazy, but randomly. Clip that sucker into the holder and no squeak.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
did you install your SOS drop yourself?....because i had a problem the first time i put blocks on i didnt tighten the u bolts up enoguh and i was getting a bad squeak when accelerating. and after a while my blocks we destroyed
hrmm this is a possiblity? or maybe its your leaf springs? everyone has it with the blocks but i dont know yours sounds a little more worse:dontknow: I know im not much help lol

Top Bottom