Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

squeaky clutch/p0430

larojax-r

Reaction score
I had a clutch squeak about 2 wks ago for about three days and went away by itself, it would squeak with no foot on pedal, but when stepping on pedal, noise would stop; i did the clutch pedal mod over 20k miles ago with no problems after; also, cel came on last week for three days and went away yesterday, today came back on, im worried, truck has 34587 miles (still under basic warranty). I scanned it, and code mentioned above came on screen (catalyst efficiency below threshold, bank 2); im gonna scan it again to see what comes on; any thoughts????

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The code and noise are non related... sounds like a throw out bearing that's causing your squeak.

larojax-r

Reaction score
u guys think that dealership will try to "blame" pedal mod for causing squeak?? im tripping out, sorry...

G

gixxerman11

no dude your good

and yes sounds like thro out brearing

and whats the pedal mod ,, all i did was turn the sleeve and my squeak stop for about a month noww and still no squeeek

tw31ve66

Reaction score
Not that a p0430 is a good thing but emission related items are covered under warrenty longer then your base bumper to bumper. Im thinking something like 8 years or 80,000 miles which ever comes first.:top:

PascoX

Reaction score
I would clear the code and see if it comes back on again. It could have just been a fluke that set it off. I would clear it, then if it comes back on, go from there.

krazy_j

Reaction score
i agree clear it and see if it returns and then go from there

quicky06

Reaction score
Not that a p0430 is a good thing but emission related items are covered under warrenty longer then your base bumper to bumper. Im thinking something like 8 years or 80,000 miles which ever comes first.:top:

8/80 is only for cats amd computers. everything else is 36k. thats the law atleast

larojax-r

Reaction score
thanks 4 da input; da pedal mod i did was replaced da little knob stopper on da pedal itself to lower it (decreased da free play); i've never had any trouble with it. CEL came on for a few days and i scanned it, turned off by itself; came back on, im gonna scan it again 2morrow.

Armond30

Reaction score
I got a P0430 from not replacing my Y pipe crush gaskets. The first few times I had to remove it, I didn't have any problems, but the last time I did it, apparently I didn't get a good enough seal. Orange Gasket maker didn't help. After buying 2 new gaskets and installing them, the code never came back. I think the gaskets cost a couple of bucks a piece.

larojax-r

Reaction score
well guys, i took my truck to dealership today and service advisor called to tell me that k&n filter cone fouled up the maf sensor (dirty with dust and oil, WTF???), because of that no replacement under warranty, I asked service advisor for code found (p1133), this is different from the ones I got earlier (i scanned it at work before hand), he asked for 350.00 to replace it including labor. I called k&n cust service and talked to them, they did not believe that bs, they asked me to take truck to another dealer for a 2nd diagnostic. im pretty upset because of this, any thoughts??? thanks...

krazy_j

Reaction score
i dont think thats right cause it would have thrown the maf code i would take it to another dealer to get thier opinion and what was the code you scanned earlier in that day and sorry to hear that one thing i do like about my intake is the fujita has a dry filter so does aem

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
clean the Maf with electrical contact cleaner. Wait for the p0430 to return and go to another dealer. They will clear it, take note of, and when it returns for a second time replace the bank 2 cat and exhaust manifold under emissions warranty. If you want to drive to socal i can hook you with a service advisor that will not screw around.

smogdestroyer

Reaction score
as for the clutch squeak take it to the dealer there is a tsb for that noise...they will replace the clutch pedal assembly n lube it.... p0430 is most likley a/f sensor b2s1 n o2 b2s2 there lazy that will be covered under warrenty... not likely the cat is bad after 35k... im a tech at the dealer so i see this **** all the time.... X Runners..****in tight truck!

Grumpy

Reaction score
^^^ So what cause them to go bad? This is the second time the code has come up. They replace b2s1 last time, so they're gonna replace b1s1 instead. But the manifold is back order so I'm stuck with running like crap for a while. The symptom, I loose a lot of ignition timing in the low rpm, below 2.5k-3k rpm. It bog big time. Timing will actually get retarded as much as -17, as per Scangauge II.

clean the Maf with electrical contact cleaner. Wait for the p0430 to return and go to another dealer. They will clear it, take note of, and when it returns for a second time replace the bank 2 cat and exhaust manifold under emissions warranty. If you want to drive to socal i can hook you with a service advisor that will not screw around.

Is that a promise 'cause I'll be in Socal between 10/20 -10/28.
I might have DTLT & NST pulley on by then though. How does he/she feel about aftermarket parts on the truck?

larojax-r

Reaction score
wasup guys, i cleaned the maf sensor, and put the stock air filter box, cleared the p0430 code, after a day, cel came back on, long story short; took it to different dealer and just had the bank 2 cat and manifold replaced under 3/36 warranty. i asked svc advisor if common for a cat to go bad at 35k, he said no but can happen, they rechecked o2 sensors, ok for now. im happy camper....

Stevenredx

Reaction score
wasup guys, i cleaned the maf sensor, and put the stock air filter box, cleared the p0430 code, after a day, cel came back on, long story short; took it to different dealer and just had the bank 2 cat and manifold replaced under 3/36 warranty. i asked svc advisor if common for a cat to go bad at 35k, he said no but can happen, they rechecked o2 sensors, ok for now. im happy camper....

Glad to hear they got you fixed up :top:

larojax-r

Reaction score
thanks, steven; i thought just the cat was being replaced, they actually r/r exhaust manifold; is it just a whole unit? i mean cat/manifold as one piece? im confused....

Stevenredx

Reaction score
thanks, steven; i thought just the cat was being replaced, they actually r/r exhaust manifold; is it just a whole unit? i mean cat/manifold as one piece? im confused....

Correct... manifold and cat are one piece :top:

headers.jpg

The other two cats are attached to the y-pipe

larojax-r

Reaction score
nice!!! now, id like to reinstall my k&n set up, im used to the quick response and acceleration, rite now it feels slugish, not so quick, but im afraid of the "CEL" to come back and haunt me again, i might go for a "drop-in" k&n instead, what do u guys think?... perhaps k&n messed up cat to begin with???? Help!!!!

Top Bottom