Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stainless Steel Brake Lines... Who's got them on their XR?

shaX 07

Reaction score
Does anybody on here have Stainless Steel Brake Lines on their X-Runner? (Minus the guys with the BBK, i'm talking about just SS Brake lines and maybe some nice pads)...

I want to get some input from those who have them, because i'm thinking of getting the Stop Tech's for the front & the rear.. and putting in performance brake fluid.

I did this to my RSX Type-S and it made a HUGE difference in braking... not a BBK sized difference, but huge for only spending $100 for F&R lines. I want to know if it's worth it to do the SS lines, because I can not afford the BBK and want to upgrade my braking.

Dallas

Reaction score
yep I do, but my calipers have 1/8 npt tapped hole, so all i needed was 1/8 to #3 AN fitting, and a allpro fitting #3AN to 3/16 inverted flare tabbed hole fitting with clip, then I cut the metric flare nut off the hard line and installed a 3/16 flare nut and reflared the hard line. I couldn't find any AN to metric fittings anywhere.

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
yep I do, but my calipers have 1/8 npt tapped hole, so all i needed was 1/8 to #3 AN fitting, and a allpro fitting #3AN to 3/16 inverted flare tabbed hole fitting with clip, then I cut the metric flare nut off the hard line and installed a 3/16 flare nut and reflared the hard line. I couldn't find any AN to metric fittings anywhere.
notice a difference?????

Dallas

Reaction score
I can't compare stainless to rubber becuase my whole brake system is upgraded, and I still have 2 rubber hoses from the rear axle to frame.

shaX 07

Reaction score

ok dude, back up.. that's wayyy too much mechanical jargon for me.. layman's terms please.

shaX 07

Reaction score
Alright.. so... no one has really answered the question yet..

Do the stainless steel brake lines add enough braking power to justify the cost?

quicky06

Reaction score
dont have them on my truck but have been looking for them. under hard breakind they help. Ever gone 100mph and tried to stop in a hurry? notice it dont have much left at 40mph? that is caused by two things. first it break lines swelling under heat. second is gas build up between the pad and rotor. i had a set on my camero along with corvette brakes and the lines made a diffrence under heavy braking

lenie03

Reaction score
Does anybody on here have Stainless Steel Brake Lines on their X-Runner?

I had to upgrade to SS braided lines up front because my front bags where pinching the rubber hoses. Other then not having that problem anymore I didn't notice any special/better about them.

shaX 07

Reaction score
FYI, they don't add braking power. They add feel and less pedal travel.

So you're saying they don't make the truck stop any quicker? That sounds kind of useless.

MXXN

Reaction score
This looks to be the Goodridge part number 21156. Has anyone seen any other manufacturers other then Goodridge? I just need a rear kit I have the Rotora BBK up front and it came with very nice coated lines. The Goodridge lines are bare SS with no coating.

Feel has more to do with good consistant stop then you might think. Being able to relplicate the same feel over and over especially in a track environment or panic situation counts for a lot.

Deviant

Reaction score
They don't add braking power per say but they add better pedal response while you're breaking. It will eliminate that mushy feel and your brakes will actually feel more progressive because there won't be any flex like the rubber lines.

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
the s/s lines arent going to really do anything spectacular if you still have ABS.

-Ant.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Got mine for Glen at TTC about 2 months ago. A good upgrade, more consistent pedal feel. Improvement in stopping distance in marginal, but it does inspire confident to go further into the corner knowing the pedal will stay firm....right up to the point where the pad is cook.:laugh:

Top Bottom