Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stainless Steel Brake Lines... Who's got them on their XR?

shaX 07

Reaction score
Got mine for Glen at TTC about 2 months ago. A good upgrade, more consistent pedal feel. Improvement in stopping distance in marginal, but it does inspire confident to go further into the corner knowing the pedal will stay firm....right up to the point where the pad is cook.:laugh:

How much did you pay for yours? I'm looking at getting the StopTech's Front & Rear...

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Here is an answer to your question...upgrading to stainless steal lines, you will notice a difference. It's not gonna be WOW difference, like having BBK's, but the response will be better. That's only if you just switch the lines. I think for the money you spend on them, its worth it. Anything that improves breaking is a plus in my book.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a set of these and some TRD brake pads... I'm creeping up on 30k, might as well go big (not quite BBK big though, lol)

Anybody ever used one of these?: http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7000-Automotive-Tune-Up-Bleeding/dp/B000BPFB3A/ref=pd_sbs_auto_3

if your looking for good stopping power (much better then stock) without breaking the bank. BP Slotted/Drilled Rotors and TRD pads. HUGE difference over stock. I even noticed an improvement switching to that vs the stock rotors and EBC pads.

That paired with SS lines and performance fluid. You won't have any issues stopping when you need to. :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
if your looking for good stopping power (much better then stock) without breaking the bank. BP Slotted/Drilled Rotors and TRD pads. HUGE difference over stock. I even noticed an improvement switching to that vs the stock rotors and EBC pads.

That paired with SS lines and performance fluid. You won't have any issues stopping when you need to. :top:

Ah, Rotors! I knew I was missing something. Thanks :top: With my luck I would have thought of that after I had the whole brake assembly disassembled and had to sit my truck outside on jackstands til the delivery guy came, lol.

I also have an interest in that rear conversion kit for cosmetic reasons... maybe I'll save that one for 60k :laugh:.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
For rotors and pads I paid just under 300 shipped to my door. Can't beat the stopping power for the price. Plus lifetime warranty on the rotors. :top:

Rear Discs FTW!

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Do you ever wish they weren't? Ie. Track days? Well I guess that's all just driver prefference too though...

I would like to disable them on track days. but in turn I am learning to drive better, to the point where I can avoid ABS kicking in. Much more controlled driving. :top:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
i thought i had read somewhere that stainless lines give a better pressure to the system. :dontknow:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Just learn your braking threshold and you can go up to the limit without going over. Knowing your tire is the key.

i thought i had read somewhere that stainless lines give a better pressure to the system. :dontknow:
Technically yes...u don't loose any pressure due to expansion of the rubber lines.

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
rubber brake hoses expand more under pressure... your noticing that differnce, when you put on the stainless, It has nothing to do with losing pressure. you get less pedal travel because the hose is not not expanding much ( rubber hose has a higher fluid volume, then braided hose at high pressure), Hence a pedal the has less travel, and is firmer.

Braided stainless is stiffer then most of the OEM brakes hoses.

Reaction score
I got front and rear Stop-Tech lines...

Optionsautosalon.com sells em

I would like to disable them on track days. but in turn I am learning to drive better, to the point where I can avoid ABS kicking in. Much more controlled driving. :top:

With ABS disconnected you can still practice control, but with faster entry and more driver controlled actions... There will be a day that bieng use to ABS won't do any good as oppose to the other way around...

And since you auto-x you don't have to worry about going off track or hitting anyone, perfect practice...

I 'd like to have it on a switch...

Last edited:
Top Bottom