Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steering wheel control compatability

project-c2

Reaction score
Was looking for a Deck that is able to hook up to the factory steering wheel controls. Mainly the Alpine touch screen head unit. Anybody try this?:dontknow:

PLCX

Reaction score
i have an eclipse 6 1/2 in head unit that uses them

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
My eclipse Nav was strait plug and go :top: . I think with anything else you will need another harness or special module to get the controls to work :dontknow:

TacoInvader

Reaction score
I'm getting a Valor 603W hopefully by this weekend. It has a steering wheel control interface. I'll let you know if it is compatible or not.

project-c2

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is there such thing as like an aftemarket unit the makes the steering wheel controls work with any headunit?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yes there are units out to make the factory controls work with an aftermarket headunit. :top:

Pioneer and Sony HU's Click Here

Alpine, Clarion, JVC, and Kenwood HU's Click Here

I think this may be a universal one Click Here

hrspwr236

Reaction score
They sell them at Best Buy for 100 and they can work for any system, just needs to be programed and can be programmed to do what ever you want

nxrunner

Reaction score
I recently purchased the pac for my Pioneer Premier and I love it. Very easy to install and set up. Well worth it.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i have a cda 9885 (there was a a plug that wasnt used...im guessing that was for the steering control...or maybe the changer)...is this a simple plug it into the harness or do i gotta splice into some wires

guy714

Reaction score
i just bought one for my pioneer headunit but can't figure out where to wire it to. anybody got pics of the wiring.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i just bought one for my pioneer headunit but can't figure out where to wire it to. anybody got pics of the wiring.

Don't have any pics but you tap the wires that's on the unused plug that's left over when you switch headunits.

trd_sport

Reaction score
I'm getting a Valor 603W hopefully by this weekend. It has a steering wheel control interface. I'll let you know if it is compatible or not.
thats what I have and I needed a little box that sends a signal to the headunit to retain the steering controls. It's not plug n' play but its a great headunit regardless.:top:

X-act Runner

Reaction score
Was looking for a Deck that is able to hook up to the factory steering wheel controls. Mainly the Alpine touch screen head unit. Anybody try this?:dontknow:

I have an Alpine IVA-W505 and it works great with the steering wheel control. I also added the Lexus buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel and I was able to program them for my navigation system.

Knuckles

Reaction score
i have a pioneer head unit and all u half to do is buy a PAC control and then wire it in and program

but if u have no experience doing this type of install work dont try it

Top Bottom