Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stern Wheels - advice/rants/raves ?

BlackCat

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a set of rims for my '05 BSP XR. I came across a set I like. They are Stern ST-1 Face-III Beast Chromes. Can't find any www pics of them on a Taco, but this link shows them on an Audi S4 - not that I'm promoting another web forum( http://www.audizine.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=147174 )

But who or what is Stern ? Anyone had good/bad experiences with this brand ?

The worry - Stern is marketed by the same company that markets ADR - ADR has apparently not earned much of a following in terms of material and coatings quality. Stern is positioned as ADR's upline brand, much like Phillips is to Magnavox, Jenn-Air is to Maytag, Cadillac is to Chevy and Lexus is to Toyota/Scion.

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
I see those Stern Wheels all over eBay. I don't know if thats a good thing or not. :dontknow:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I take it nobody knows much or has much experience with Sterns ?

Xample

Reaction score
you get what you pay for. sure they;ll look good for cheap, but how long will they?? usually wheels as the such are easily bent and have finish problems

BlackCat

Reaction score
Actually, they're not all that cheap. They sell for about the same as Motegi's, American Racing, Zinik and Enkei. I'm just looking to see if the reputation surrounding ADR follows Stern as well. I've found plenty of bad news about ADR, but nothing about Stern.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
I actually was going to be some for my maxima....I heard they were pretty good

joman

Reaction score
i know this thread is old but i have personal experience with stern wheels...GREAT WHEELS!!! i was rocking the st-2 18x8.5 all around on my nissan

project-c2

Reaction score
I seen a couple S2000s rolling on them. Looks pretty solid. Stern ST-1s

morcheez

Reaction score
i know a guy with an evo that has them and he is pretty happy with them ..not sure if i want to see them on an x though

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Not bad pretty good price i guess but dont like the idea that has curb rash already....

YotaFab

Reaction score
stern was an old japanesse company, and was bought out by a chineese company, they are ok i guess ive been told that chineese companys are all about , i dont have personal experiance with them, but i like the way they look the st7's are sick someone was selling some on here i think

joman

Reaction score
here you go.stern wheels are teh same as ADR wheels. not knock off but the same company different name from my understanding. hope that gives a lil insight.

more info http://www.sternwheels.com/

Coupe

Reaction score
I bought a set recently. I bought a hyper black set. Then appear to look of good quality, price was very affordable. I bought a set of five, with lugnuts & hub centric adapters shipped from Califonia for $850.00.

joman

Reaction score
heres some st-II 18x8
IMG_0735.jpg

newfeet.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

mergen

Reaction score
Stern makes a good wheel in my oppinion. I loved mine till i had to sell them..... :frown:

46&2_X

Reaction score
Actually, they're not all that cheap. They sell for about the same as Motegi's, American Racing, Zinik and Enkei. I'm just looking to see if the reputation surrounding ADR follows Stern as well. I've found plenty of bad news about ADR, but nothing about Stern.

All cheap wheels :stupid:.

Enkei makes some higher end stuff, but most of the stuff you see on cars these days is their cheap stuff.

I can't blame them, it's hard to keep a big company profitable selling expensive stuff.

Plus you always hope they start out with the cheap stuff, and move up the better stuff.

I have never heard of Stern, but it depends on what your going for. If you want them for street/strip they might not be the best choice but if your just gonna roll around town on them. Then if anything happens to them you can usually get them fixed on the cheap? :dontknow:

Coupe

Reaction score
I was not going to show these, until I dropped the X. I am currently waiting on a ss drop. These are 18 X 8.5, 35 mm offset Stern Street Beast in Hyper Black. It looks a little goofy right now, this is still stock height.

HPIM2464.jpg

HPIM2466.jpg

Top Bottom