Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Still having 7th Injector Problems

Spyder327

Reaction score
Glad to hear that the beast is back alive :rock:

Yea it seems to be ok for the most part now. Although right now im scared to take it to higher psi because im not sure what my AFR is going to do...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
so any info on what the problem was, or is it somthing dumb that you would rather not say??:dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
so any info on what the problem was, or is it somthing dumb that you would rather not say??:dontknow:

I do plan to post what the problems were, its just that right now im trying to get some answers on why its doing what it is.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Problem #1:

My bypass valve got stuck in the open position, which prevented me from being able to enter boost. I have since put back on the procharger valve and am able to get into boost now. Glen is making every effort to help me out with the replacement of the bypass valve that failed.

The other part of it, which i thought was a problem, is that after loading URD's stock map i expected to see a 10.5 WOT AFR instantly which i havent seen. I just talked with Gadget, and he informed me that 1-3.5psi is supposed to be leaner and it will gradually get to 10.5. I did not realize that was the case because it's been a LONG time since i've seen the stock map. After my first tune like 9 months ago my truck had been 10.5 right when i went WOT, so i thought thats how the URD map would look as well. I'm going to put the stock map on to my ECU right now, and drive this thing to redline. Hopefully it works out well.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Problem #1:

My bypass valve got stuck in the open position, which prevented me from being able to enter boost. I have since put back on the procharger valve and am able to get into boost now. Glen is making every effort to help me out with the replacement of the bypass valve that failed.

The other part of it, which i thought was a problem, is that after loading URD's stock map i expected to see a 10.5 WOT AFR instantly which i havent seen. I just talked with Gadget, and he informed me that 1-3.5psi is supposed to be leaner and it will gradually get to 10.5. I did not realize that was the case because it's been a LONG time since i've seen the stock map. After my first tune like 9 months ago my truck had been 10.5 right when i went WOT, so i thought thats how the URD map would look as well. I'm going to put the stock map on to my ECU right now, and drive this thing to redline. Hopefully it works out well.

i wondered about the bypass valve when i got mine. I opened it up to check out the design. looks like a really simple design but i wondered about if it would possibly "gunk" up and stick open , or if it actually gets a full seal when its closed.
also wasn't really impressed with it using a huge vaccum line like it does.
haven't had any problems with mine yet, but I haven't noticed it being any better than the original procharger bypass that came with the kit. :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
AFR seems good now, right where it should be. However, my knock light goes off around 3-4psi consistently. I've retarded the timing in that area just a little bit and i'll do some more test runs later.

utixrunner

Reaction score
nice, did you take it to redline? AFR good all the way there?

Spyder327

Reaction score
nice, did you take it to redline? AFR good all the way there?

not quite to redline, i encounter knock consistently at before redline psi. But the AFR is doing exactly what Gadget told me it should do. I think all is well in the AFR area for time being.

utixrunner

Reaction score
oh, so do you think the knock is just from retarding the timing?

Top Bottom