Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Still Trying to Locate

Reaction score
Hey all. So as you all know, I no longer own my SWB XR. I miss it daily. When I sold the Mazdaspeed Protege, being that it was a limited run car (less than the XR as it only went for 1 year), the new owner found me on the biggest Mazda forum (which I was on).

Here it is over a year or so since selling and I still haven't been able to locate the person who bought it. It was sold back to Carmax where it sat for like a week and sold quickly. To this day I am pissed I didn't leave a hidden card somewhere with my info.

To recall, it was a 2009 SWB with the foglight option #2 mod. It only had like 32k miles on the odo. If you happen to spy a newbie who purchased from Carmax, let me know. The car originated in Virginia Beach.

Funny thing, that Mazda owner and I have become close friends. He lives in Tennessee.

subparpunk03

Reaction score
The mazda community is something else entirely... I don't think you can expect the same thing of any other enthusiast community... Just out of curiosity, was it 24/7 or mazdaspeedforums where you were able to find the new owner of your mazda? Or do the protege guys have their own little slice of internet real estate?

Reaction score
It was 247. I'm the same namesake there. I had Spicy Orange #1660.

That's what I figured too. I LOVE Mazda though. They're the only company I can find that they still offer proper manuals into the mid level trim. I'm eyeing a new Mazda 6 Touring 6MT.

gunner76137

Reaction score
So your looking for your truck? good luck . CarMax turns around and sells them to other dealers.
I traded in Ol'Blue to a CarMax 87 miles away from where I lived and it ended up at a dealer a week later 3 blocks from my house.

BlackDiesel

Reaction score
Crazy thing I look at that truck in morristown a wile back before buying my 06 RR it was at some chevy dealer for 8,000 the truck seemed fine but the dealer sales man was being shady so i didnt buy .

And for the guy looking for his old truck . its not really that hard to find an old car iv done it with the old camaro iroc i drove in high school. first i would pay $12 to get a car fax , but you have to have the vin to track one down. once you get the car fax it will tell you the last city and state it was registered then you can mail them to get who has with the address it does coast some $$ depends on were its at.

Reaction score
Gunner, I think the difference here is I bought the truck from the same Carmax and when they got it back, it was still bone stock (except the foglight on mod which they would never see) and it still had crazy low miles. It was easily, on the lot ready to sell for a sucker.

Top Bottom